The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Music Video 90S GIF

We wonā€™t be buying anyone then. Transfer fees will be crazy this summer and everyone knows we need reinforcements.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why we are trying to get the deal down now.

The counterweight to that is there seems to be an unusually large number of highly rated players in the positions weā€™re looking at who are potentially available this summer. A selling club negotiating too hard can find themselves hard balling themselves out a deal they actually want to make and leaving themselves with a disappointed player.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s always players who no one else wants with their clubs desperate to get ridā€¦probably the market for FSG to explore.

I think weā€™ll be fine. Good chance some of our targets will have release clauses which will cap their price. Emergence of young Stefan and reā€™emergance of Curtis will help take some pressure off of our rebuild too.

Have we done this with anyone in the last 5-6 years?

Touchemani would not have come if we had flashed another 20m at the club.

Nunes came on the price we were happy with same with Diaz.

1 Like

We always aim to shop at around Ā£40m-Ā£50m, with some exceptions for players seen at worth it. Donā€™t see why we need to change that approach, plenty of players out there in that price range.

2 Likes

Overpriced is 130m for Jude. The right price is what we are seeking. Just like we paid the ā€˜rightā€™ price for Alisson, for Salah, for Mane, for Fabinho, for Gakpo, for Nunez. We will pay, but only the right price, he never said we will not pay a high price.

1 Like

Not sure about that one, it somewhat undermines the rest of your examples.

No its exactly my point, is we are willing to pay a high price when necessary, but not overpriced. Alot of people think when we talk about right price, it always mean low price. It just mean the club has their own definition of what is right, it can be 8m for Robertson, 30+ for Salah, and 80m for Nunez.

We were paying for potential with Nunez. Heā€™s not looking a Ā£85m player yet. Hope he gets there though!

1 Like

I think you buy a Carvalho for potential, but Nunez for a bloody player who should be one of the key players, sooner or later. First season, Iā€™m willing to give him more time (take it season by season, certainly gets the next one). But I canā€™t say I have no worries with him long term.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/status/1654954353113944065?s=20

Never heard of the guy but apparently an ā€œallyā€ of Kloppā€™s and has a tendancy to fall out with people according to the piece.

1 Like

Omg! That is all we need!! :grimacing: :crossed_fingers:t2:

Jorg Schmadtkeā€¦ Is that the German way to spell Your Schmuck?

1 Like

The correct translation is : ā€˜Youā€™re fucked.ā€™

Just had a look at the German news and they are only quoting the Telegraph article. Apparently, he ā€œretiredā€ at the beginning of the year but it is possible that he did that to free himself up.

He was SD at Wolfsburg for years so maybe we end up sponsored by Volkswagen.

3 Likes

Iā€™d take that !

2 Likes

I thought we wanted to stick to the rules and not cheat?