The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Hope not.
Hope he was just emotional at the thought of not getting 4th.
Decent player as Robbo’s deputy.

https://twitter.com/LiverpoolPhotox/status/1660522186904416257

2 Likes

Maybe like us he’s just sad that Bobby is going

6 Likes

JWP just isn’t very good, he’s at Soton at 29 for a reason.

20 posts debating JWP is a disappointing Monday of unreliable rumours :pensive:

4 Likes

We could always take a time machine and debate SWP instead, if you like?

1 Like

This reminds me of when Mane had a go at Salah for not passing the ball with the entire world deciding afterwards that they hated each other.

Masterbating JWP is more disappointing Monday.

We could discuss why Tsimkas was crying but that would be even worse than judging the lack of merit in signing JWP.

1 Like

JWP is someone who Everton should be targetting. Who the fuck else thinks he’s going to be good for us ?

𝗡𝗘𝗪: Jurgen Klopp is interested in making defensive signings this summer on top of reinforcements in midfield. #lfc [paul joyce - times]

Anfield Watch
@AnfieldWatch
1h

Alexis Mac Allister and Mason Mount remain Liverpool’s prime targets to boost options in the centre of the park, as per**@_pauljoyce**

Alexis Mac Allister fee expected to be around 70M€. Wages 6M€. Contract till 2028, option for 1 extra year extension. Personal terms agreed, last items with Brighton close. Will be 4th highest Argentinian transfer ever (La Nacion)

I remember sitting outside at a bar at Deansgate Locks the day Chelsea announced the signing of SWP and one of my city supporting mates nearly coming to tears about how his club was pathetic and would never come to anything.

Oh how times have changed

Huh?

They’re still pathetic and irrelevant.

5 Likes

That’s one way of looking at it. The other was someone was brought to tears by losing SWP

Where’s the JWP Thread, John???

On the Southampton forum.

1 Like

JWP is not good enough for us.

If the bar is very low, and we are asking can he improve the current midfield - which is old and past it, apart from young ones coming through, then there might be some debate to be had as to whether he improves one of our old timers.

To my mind, steer well clear.

We are going to upgrade the midfield, and hopefully it will be players who are a much clearer upgrade than JWP.

We’ve talked about loads of names for a while now. It looks like MacAllister is on the way, though nothing is done until it is done.

Beyond that we are waiting to see. If Fabinho is staying on, it will probably be a young player we might mold into a 6 for us, like Lavia, or maybe Gravenberch. If Fabinho is leaving, we will probably want to get the best 6 we can, like Ugarte, or possibly Tchouameni. We may even decide that the replacement for Fabinho is already here, and Bajcetic will see more and more action as he grows, until eventually taking hold of his spot. And if we do that, we will likely sign a very good number 8 to go with MacAllister, at the least.

So many permutations.

But you have to go a long, long way down the possibilities before JWP comes into view. At least for me.

3 Likes

Is someone seriously arguing we should sign JWP for £40 million?

Am I in the twillight zone?

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’m gonna plant a rumour on Twitter about us signing Will Hughes, just to get everyone raging on this thread tomorrow about something that obviously isn’t happening

1 Like

I had to look up he was still playing.

He’s at Palace :see_no_evil: