The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I think we like having that 3rd 'keeper as an experienced option - we’ve had Adrian, Manninger, Lonergan etc recently fill that role.

7 Likes

Isn’t Adrian staying though? Doubt we will get a 4th lad in.

Kepa?

Nick Pope’s likely to be available. But I suspect he wants regular game time in the hope to staking a England call up. He’s certainly better than T-rex.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe a bit of a luxury third choice that.

2 Likes

Burnley fans apparently think they can get 40m for him. Seems unlikely but the general feeling is they will get a large fee.

I’m thinking we are more likely to try and bring in someone like Alex McCarthy who could be leaving Southampton on a free. Not particularly exciting. Maybe on a higher level would be Sergio Asenjo who has become a backup for Villarreal and is out of contract this summer.

1 Like

Handanovic?

Isn’t he first choice for Inter?

Out of contract this summer, isn’t he?

1 Like

Fraser Forster? 34 out of contract. Spurs interested in him too I think.

Already agreed with Spurs.

1 Like

Think we go for a lad with a homegrown status as a 3rd keeper. Usually do

I thought maybe Gulacsi might be an idea at 32 and possibly counts as club trained, and then I saw he’s bossing it at Leipzig, which shows exactly how much attention I’ve been paying.

Define “usually”

1 Like

usually

adverb: usually

1. under normal conditions; generally.

“he usually arrives home about one o’clock”

1 Like

Most of the time we seem to sign homegrown lads like Adrian and manninger

What’s homegrown about them?

1 Like

English passports. Achieves a rule where we can have a min of 8 per 25 man squad

One player who does seem to mention us a lot in a good light is Ben Foster and he is a free in June and even at 39 he still seems to better than some a lot younger.

2 Likes

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

2 Likes