The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Secret Service Nuts GIF by BabylonBee

1 Like

Each squad contains no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the ā€œHome Grown Playerā€ (HGP) criteria. The rest of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be ā€œHome Grownā€.

A ā€œHome-Grown Playerā€ means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

You can apply for UK citizenship by naturalization after five years of residence in the UK

My bad I thought it was before any time not just 21.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Just to be clear, having a British passport (that the Spaniard Adrian and the Austrian Manninger donā€™t) has nothing to do with the criteria for being homegrown (which neither Adrian nor Manninger are).

1 Like

Cesc Fabregas - Home grown (move to Chelsea as a 16 year old)
Jude Bellingham, born and raised just outside of Birmingham - Likely wont be homegrown (depending on how long he stays at Dortmund).

1 Like

We want unreliable rumours!

Camera Breaking GIF

5 Likes

Fabregas went to Arsenal mate.

Eric Dier is the classic Englishman who isnā€™t homegrown.

Just read Nevilles comments about Liverpool signing Christian Eriksenā€¦ i think its a good shout. Can swap between him and Thiago as playmakers. Wonder how much he would cost

1 Like

Ben Fosterā€¦ thatā€™s unreliable, I note he is out of contract.

You came here for facts?

Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

1 Like

My lad is a goalie and follows Ben Foster on social media. Says he a good sort. Does little clinics, drills, training tips, and is also quite self deprecating. Would be a good addition to the group.

2 Likes

Pretty sound character - Iā€™m willing to forget his Man United background! I have nothing but respect for him, and quite a lot of time for his thoughts and quipps. I think heā€™d fit right into this group, with a view to becoming a coach in the future.

1 Like

Goalies who can quip are the best.

Wonder will he be allowed to bring his camera around?

Yeah, whenever Iā€™ve heard him on the radio heā€™s been very complimentary about us. Seems like a good lad. Would he be the first since Ince to play for us having previously played for United?

Matt Targett was also very complimentary about us the other day. Said we were so much better that it was like a game of men v boys.

2 Likes

Saw loads of new posts on this thread and thought weā€™d signed MBappe. But no, Ben Fucking Foster

1 Like

I guess Owen Hargreaves was similar?

2 Likes

Yep, although I never even thought of him as English! He seemed Canadian first, German second, English a distant third!

1 Like

Harvey Blair

2 Likes

Hows this

30% chance of Liverpool signing Kane.

0% chance of Indykaila being right. Ever.

3 Likes