The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Why is the other guy wearing a woolly hat in the middle of summer?

2 Likes

Must be one hell of a Knock to be the 2nd most lengthy injury he had.

Ah this was the reasonā€¦.

https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/1663753406358470657?s=20

The creative fiction that goes into this account is truly amazing.

2 Likes

fucking genius

1 Like

Just wondering these ITKs are just purely deluded, too free or are they getting some commercial benefits by spouting these nonsense especially those that do it on a daily basis.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1664171924212129792?t=fKFrj5VDY0c2PG7hHNqE7g&s=19

3 Likes

Would rather see if he has a brother called Liverpool Kone to sign ā€¦

1 Like

Assuming we get Mac, Iā€™m curious if then itā€™s Kone OR Thuram and not both. They appear to be similar players, although Kone seems to be a bit more deep lying. Unless Kone is seen as a 6 and Thuram a more box to box 8 - which could be the case- then I see us getting one of the pair. Curious what others think.

Could be Kone is seen as the deeper of the two and more likely to be substituting for Fabinho while Thuram is being tasked with making Hendoā€™s position his own. Could definitely see that.

I wonder if they think one of them, probably Kone, could also deputise for Trent in that role. I think if they intend to co it he playing that way theyā€™ll need to trust someone else to do it when Trent needs resting. Would be wild to have a completely different formation for the Europa league for example.

Not necessarily what I think theyā€™ll do, but just a thought.

Been wondering about the Trent issue myself. If he goes down with an injury, how do we cope with that? Makes total sense to bring someone in who can at least hold the fort down for a bit. Asking anyone to be Trent and offer what he offers is a little optimistic though.

Iā€™d love Mac Allister, Kone and Szoboszlai. Your between the lines player, your screener and your all rounder. Szoboszlai can also play right wing so if we want a right footer hugging the touchline he could definitely cover/replace Mo on occasion.

Weā€™ve played games without Trent and done fine. I think it is fair to assume that next seasonā€™s midfield will be much better physically than the one we had over the last year and so the need to have him play his more recent role is less important. Ramsey is a very promising RB, Gomez had done well when covering, and we might be looking at options in the market?

Iā€™m wondering if that is where Elliott will have some games pencilled in?

1 Like

Thuram? 6ā€™4ā€ you say?

Iā€™m in.

I would be gobsmacked if we went for both. Its one or the other. Otherwise we are seriously overloaded in the midfield.

Thiago
Fab
Henderson
Jones
Elliott
Kone/Thuram
Mac Allister
TAA
Bajcetic

Trent might stay in midfield but I just donā€™t see that crazy lopsided 3 at the back with Robbo as a viable solution for the majority of games and I think we should be playing a right back. We played it a handful of games and I didnā€™t feel confident with the number of times teams went behind our midfield line. I couldnā€™t bear a season of it. I think 1 new midfielder would be really pushing it knowing Curtis, Thiago and Henderson are made of glass and Fab doesnā€™t know his foot from his arsehole these days.

I still feel our most likely business (assuming Kelleher stays) is 2 new midfielders, a RB and a very young forward.

The idea of us chasing 3 new midfielders is
shocked the princess bride GIF

2 Likes

He is a bone rail! 81 kg on that frame.

2 Likes

Of that list, there are three at the end of the line

Henderson has faded. Might still be useful, but no longer a 38-game PL season in his legs. Two years left on his contract.

Fabinho is only 29, but seems to have slowed too. Three years left on his contract.

Thiago is 32, entering his final year.

Iā€™d say if the opportunity is there to acquire their replacements now, there is a solid argument to do so. Not absolutely essential, but if the value is there, it makes sense. Klopp has always done better bringing in players gradually. Remember how long it took Robertson to become a regular?

4 Likes

Agreedā€¦and also Elliot may be played on the right side of the front 3 and Bajcetic is coming off injury. I can see us getting 3 new midfielders in depending on how we want to set up. Also, Thiago may be sold.

Maybe we could get a few quid for him from Liverpool University Medical School.

Unlikely. At his age, his wages, and one year left on his contract, no one will purchase. Maybe he leaves on a free by mutual consent to somewhere where he gets more playing time and less contact.

Personally, if we are bringing some young midfielders in, Iā€™d love to have him stick around for a year. I havenā€™t seen many players like him, he has an excellent reputation as a professional, and could be a phenomenal mentor as well as contributing next season.

3 Likes