The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

He wears his emotions on his sleeves …

1 Like

Looks like an attacking mid dribbly boy. Newcastle seemingly trying to get him over the line? Why would we want him when Elliot and Carvalho are already here? :thinking:

1 Like

Cuts to the chase. With “ false nines”, “inverted FB” I have to love “attacking mid dribble boy”!

1 Like

Sid Lowe did a profile piece on him, see:

2 Likes

It’s only right we bring him home.

1 Like

Sure, let’s sign the ‘Next Iago Aspas’. Given how well the original did here I can’t see any potential downside if he lives up to that level of hype …

1 Like

Aspas would have performed much better under Klopp. Stupid bodgers

4 Likes

So he’s incontinent then?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1665663133648670723?s=20

Koné and Tuhram are still in the mix

2 Likes

Yep, that’s more like the Liverpool we know and what I expected.

No shiny Mbappes and Bellinghams, but rather a bunch of players who 80% of people never heard of, let alone saw them playing enough to form an opinion.

And from clubs of the levels of Brighton, Nice, Gladbach, Celta, etc.

Main thing is that they’re good of course. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I can’t help but feel that, although we’re being linked with both Kone and Thuram, we’re only interested in signing one of them with the other a backup target.

I think the same thing happened with Mount and Mac, and it’s interesting in that Joyce article that United moved onto Mount after Mac told them he wanted to join us… I think it’s entirely possible we had the same set of priorities and, when we started to gain momentum with Mac we dropped interest in Mount. I do think there was too much smoke around that interest for it to have been entirely manufactured.

4 Likes

Mac makes more sense than Mount anyway.

5 Likes

Exactly. Better player, better fit, better deal.
Only downside is the homegrown thing.

5 Likes

Hope he’s not another Aspas for us

If he is we can always send him back to his home away from home that is our home.

“Pole position for La Liga enforcer” love when they write up hot garbage like this.

2 Likes

Kessie one of those players who a lot say he’s ace but is shite.

2 Likes

Looks like agent waffle to me. Also Caicedo is Chelsea’s main target not Arsenals.

2 Likes

I doubt even Chelsea know who their prime target is, let alone anybody else.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t say he’s ace nor shite, but the difference between how much football fans wanted him at their club in last years before his move to Barca and now is… starkling.

Fans very easily warm to that, seeing a physical midfield unit.

2 Likes