The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Have watched him a few times. Emperor’s New Clothes spring to mind. Certainly not good enough imo.

2 Likes

Congratulations! You have just invented a new word. Presumably some kind of cross between stark and sparkling. I like it.
Unless you meant this…

Noun

Starkling (plural Starklings)

1. (ASoIaF/GOT fandom slang) Any of the six children of Ned Stark in the A Song of Ice and Fire novel series and its television adaptation Game of Thrones.

In which case, it’s just bizarre.

Yeah, my English is bizarre. I’m bizarre!

:joy:

Using GOT fandom slang nouns as adjectives in the description of football transfer dealings is the sign of a true linguistic gymnast.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/Scottwilsonecho/status/1665670431053840385

Scott Wilson is one of the most reliable source for Newcastle-related news - at least in my opinion. That says, he probably writes what he’s briefed to write by the club (Newcastle-related journalists have this strange form of siege mentality since the Saudi takeover) but I’d still pay attention to this.

3 Likes

Interesting after Joyce said the thing on Macallister, players still prefer us to CL sides

2 Likes

They realise waiting a year to possibly play in a final is preferable to not even making the knockout stage this year.

9 Likes

Let’s just say that he would have been an ace in our 2010 squad.

2 Likes

We would all look that way after being seduced by Jurgen.

2 Likes

Sign all the midfielders!! For £15mil!

Ward with the hard work and Jorg smashing it over the line.

https://twitter.com/philipphinze24/status/1665763646503284736?s=46&t=GxJVE__6HtIDqzRQ9MGgwA

2 Likes

which I read as “sociopathic”

Can see why we rejected, I’d accept about £15m with a buy back at 20m.

Happily go out loan there.

1 Like

I’d be fine giving Leipzig £30m and Carvalho for Szoboszlai. Fella looks ace.

Add in Kone and Mac Allister and that’s three cracking players for just over £100m.

3 Likes

Can anybody help me make sense of what Romano is trying to say in the second paragraph of the tweet. It makes sense as a sentence but in context.

Who is having internal discussions and about what and who have Liverpool asked for some time?

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1665968824825311233?s=20

1 Like

Inside the club, we’re discussing who should we go for as our 2nd new midfielder (if we haven’t decided already).

We’ve asked the outside, people linked to those players, for a bit of time to complete the Mac deal and get back to them with propositions.

2 Likes

Alternatively, Romano is bullshitting for clicks.

8 Likes

The dude doesn’t need clicks.

He’s actually 1 of few proper Journo’s out there that knows his stuff…he covers virtually everything and that’s why he’s well respected. Also comes across as a top guy in interviews.

Hmm he feeds off others if he knows what we are doing internally I’d be very surprised.

2 Likes

Has anyone else out there reported the release clause being £45-50m (before him)? Even the likes of Joyce, Reddy and what’s his face feed off insiders.