The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

They’re in Toulan for the France U21 squad which plays on Thursday.

4 Likes

The thing is, if we assume that Fab’s time as a nailed on starter are over, he becomes a really useful player as cover for both CB and Mid.

Provided no-one else leaves, given we have released some really injury prone midfielders, 1 more midfielder after Mac is all the business we should be doing in that area of the pitch.

3 Likes

They both look like they know what’s up.

Thought 1 of them would at least have had their new Liverpool kit on by now…The Matrix…really… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Quad is on :bomb:

That’s the ‘lesson learned’ position. If we sign Kone, we probably won’t see that much of him for the first half of the season. We’ll still be relying on Fabinho and Bajcetic. If it goes well I’d expect him to have claimed the shirt and we can then decide what to do about Fabinho.

1 Like

I disagree. Klopp was happy with the numbers last year before Bajcetic wasn’t counted among the genuine options. This summer he will be, so for me he’s already replaced one of the three who has left.

I only see three arriving if somebody else leaves.

1 Like

Sure, for next season, but then Thiago leaves. The question for me is whether Kone and Thuram are good enough and cheap enough to justify running heavy in midfield this one season.

1 Like

I can see bajcetic going on loan next to get regular football and aid his development

1 Like

I have been thinking about this. Not only Thiago and Henderson won’t get much mins, but they will also get phased out by 2025. So, three midfielders signed this summer along with Jones, Bajcetic, Elliott, and Fabinho aren’t too many.

2 Likes

I think Klopp knows he was terribly wrong last summer and his midfield needed a refresh then and a year on that refresh is even bigger.

It will be three in and four if someone leaves imo. Lots of talk of Thiago not being extended and he has a year left, so his replacement this summer isn’t far fetched.

2 Likes

Don’t see us bringing in more than 2 midfielders.

Perhaps another defender.

I think that is correct. The only issue for me is whether Bajcetic is physically ready for a sustained run in the side. I would rather we go into the season using him very selectively.

1 Like

I would be very surprised if that is the case. Klopp was talking about him very highly early on last season and again when he saw some playing time. I think he would prefer to keep him in and around the squad, giving him playing time in the cups and the odd league game.

1 Like

F*ck me, we’ve gone from 2 to 3, now even 4 new midfielders.

Make it 5. :joy:

Yeah Jurgen, make it work. It’s easy. 5 new midfielders and all to hit the ground running from day one.

How? Who cares, make it work.

Who said 4?

Curtis Jones is like a new signing.

Few posts above, if I understood correctly.

Two midfielders this summer would be eight players for 3 positions. That’s more than enough. Nobody expects us to have 8 players for the attack

That’s before even taking into account what we want to do with Morton or if we have any other emerging midfielders.

Three incoming isn’t impossible, I just find it unlikely without a departure.

Of course, if a player we want long term becomes as option at a god price, I don’t think we’d pass up the opportunity

Where are the Kone and Thuram threads???

Yeah…that’s not Liverpool :see_no_evil:

1 Like