The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

It shut down a number of years ago now. I think people were turned off by how difficult it was to move in there without getting stuck to the floor. I wonder if you remember The Nest at the top end of town, that was always my favourite late night venue. A room downstairs for live music (as well as a small stage in the corner of the top floor), bit of a dingy dance floor but it’s themed nights were the best. Fairly priced as well which has become difficult to find in Bath nowadays. Another recent closure unfortunately.

To be honest, Bath has never been the best in terms of “clubbing”, but it has its fair share of lovely pubs and bars tucked away in the side streets.

2 Likes

It also had/has the best Indian restaurant I’ve ever been to, top end of town called Bengal Brasserie. I’d be amazed if it’s still under the same ownership after all this time though.

Me, my best mate and now-wife went there to celebrate our 2005 CL win!

5 Likes

People do forget that for a short period for Newcastle, Carrol was utterly phenomenal.

6 Likes

Hey, I had several Fiats, never broke down. Bits fell off fair enough but engine was bullet proof.

2 Likes

A very short period, and that indulged us to splash a fortune.

He was. He looked unstoppable. Small data set, but I remember being very pleased we got him.

He scored the winner, in a cup final against Everton. That’ll do for me.

4 Likes

In the championship maybe, hands down to this day the worst signing in the clubs history…that’s in terms of player and character, vile human being.

1 Like

Semi-Final, but point still stands.

1 Like

Thats great. 70 million (Mac Allister & Thuram) and our replacements for Keita & Ox is sorted. Think Kone might be a replacement for Milner/Gini but guess one from Elliott/Bajcetic will be loaned out then. Hendo/Fab/Thiago/Mac/Thuram/Kone/Jones is one great midfield with lot of depth and quality. Elliot/Bajcetic might not get much of a chance unless say we get a crazy bid for Hendo/Thiago and they want to go. I have a crazy feeling WestHam might come in for Hendo once they get say 80-100 million for Declan Rice.

1 Like

It was their cup final :rofl:

2 Likes

El-Hadji Diouf. We spent the Anelka money on him, he cost a fortune, was a way worse person and he actively detailed the career of Jon Otsemobor who was a promising player at the time.

12 Likes

Sean Dundee, he was a good one.

2 Likes

Was he the one who shot him in the arse then?

1 Like

He had an absolute shit-for-brains attitude. I think he thought that once he had a big money move he didn’t even need to try any more. I had a pal who was a Bolton fan and thought he was great. Maybe the penny dropped once we shipped him out.

1 Like

Djibril Cissé

Cisse was 10x the player and had a great attitude.

15 Likes

Cisse was unlucky with the leg break, I don’t remember any off field issues with him and really liked him as a player?

3 Likes

Wasn’t he involved in some domestic violence and also an spitting incident!!!

1 Like

No but that was a minor injury. Diouf identified Otsemobor as someone he could ‘use’. He would show up at his flat at 3am with some girls, drunk, the day before a game etc.

2 Likes