The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Sounds more like Diouf, don’t remember the Gerbil spitting

1 Like

Damn. Was joking really, all I remember about Otsemobor was that arse thing.

Don’t think he is the one, after getting Mac Allister.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1667127613658210306?s=20

2 Likes

Spitting was Diouf away at Celtic but you’re right Cisse has a caution for assault against his ex-wife that I had forgotten about.

1 Like

I can still hear his leg snap.

1 Like

There was a domestic.

I think you are maybe confusing the spitting incident with Papiss Cissé?

2 Likes

Diouf had a bit of skill in small spaces, but was a complete imbecil. Overall not good enough, plain simple.

Cisse was good when he was fit, but in my opinion somewhat overrated. Horrible luck with two big injuries. Could be a likeable fella (especially for the young generations at the time). But he came with a big reputation and for big money at the time. Let’s be real, the expectations were quite bigger than what he achieved in his career (and I’m not sure he would’ve been that player even without the injuries). Lots of power and pace, some acrobatic moves, but not so much brain or enough finesse. Loved being in offside and used to just go for power when he went 1v1. Didn’t “aim” the corners enough. One of the best Liverpool cup final goals/finishes that striker against West Ham though. Like a French Darren Bent really.

3 Likes

That was Diouf. Spat at a Celtic fan.

Cisse never had any such issues. He was signed just before Rafa came on board and he wasn’t Rafa’s cup of tea but he still applied himself fully.

Bent might have been a better finisher. Djibril didn’t just have pace, he has extreme pace! I remember the West Ham match before the CL final where everyone thought a long pass was going out for a goal kick and he incredibly hauled it in.

ezgif.com-resize

Is that what you first think when you walk into the shower?

1 Like

Oh yeah. Just something I’d rather forget. That was a dark time for Liverpool that.

2 Likes

Balotelli was the worst signing for me. Manager didn’t want him, bad attitude, overpaid for him and Suarez had just left. Also released on a free.

Diouf, all day. Oh and Lucas but that goes without saying. Hello @zag :wink:

He wasn’t a bad person though. Balotelli atleast. Do agree that we needed to stay clear of that and Liverpool/ FSG learnt a lesson

1 Like

Rodgers absolutely did want him, “look at me I can attract marquee players too”, it wasn’t until he had that little scuffle with can’t remember who over a penalty in a CL game…I was actually sad for Mario because I was desperate to see him do well and really thought he could, just of the back of having 1 of the best seasons in his career at Milan. Meh.

I do remember Rodgers saying that he could get the best out of balotelli when managers like jose , Conte basically failed. This was probably his way of thinking that he would cement his legacy etc etc

1 Like

I don’t think he did want Balotelli. His comments about getting the best out of his was his way of trying to say something positive in public. Internally, this would have been viewed as failing to support the manager and why he would keep his job despite the performances.

1 Like

Then I take it all back, what a player!

1 Like