The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Gonna train him to be our new RB!

https://twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1667183077183848450?s=20

2 Likes

Left sided attacker
general election uk GIF by BBC

2 Likes

One was started, but awaiting more reliable confirmation. I am blimminā€™ well poised though, believe meā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah my message was kinda hinting at when it would be reopened. Seen a few twitter journos posting stuff so was wondering due to the amount are we close. Probably waiting for more reliable UK journos to tweet as said above

1 Like

More prominent on the right tbh Imo, if his Viola or Euro 2020/1 days have anything to go by.

I went off transfermarket, Iā€™d rather we look at a right sided one, we have loaded the other side and then when the right is mentioned oh Doak will cover that, Doak is a 17 year old.

1 Like

I donā€™t either but we have had long standing interest in him

Yeah, I have also heard he can play on the right, if we were to go for him thatā€™s where Iā€™d see him playingā€¦ for the one or two games a season Mo isnā€™t starting :rofl:

If they have a plan fair enough like Gakpo, if we are hoovering up because he is cheap then meh.

The worst signing debate is always an interesting one. It needs some rules!

Worst signing for the money?
We have spent a lot of money on some players who didnā€™t deliver.

Worst signing because of character issues?
These days we seem to have a good group, and it is intentional. In the past weā€™ve had a few who would not pass the no dickheads policy.

Worst signing because of their footballing level?
We have been on the bones of our arse a few times, or scraping around below the top level, and we have made a few signings that just didnā€™t have it, and I thought one or two lads standing on the Kop would probably perform better!

But on the other hand, I have a soft heart for this category of worst signing ever, since for such players, they got to Liverpool, which is a massive achievement, and if they tried their best but their level just wasnā€™t good enough, well, thatā€™s not their fault.

Unfortunately we have had a few players who check all three boxes, and that rankles the most.

Cost a few Bob? Check
Bad character? Check
Poor footballing level? Check

Djiouf

Konchesky

Keita or Carroll

Djiouf :trophy:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Keitaā€™s footballing level was bad.

Carroll was rubbish he was never worth more than a 3rd we paid though he was never an arse about it.

1 Like

I canā€™t remember which one maybe but one of the very in the know Liverpool journalists possibly Maddox came out and said Rodgers was rewriting history on that front.

Chiesa would be a bargain at that price. His style would mesh in so well with Kloppā€™s too.

I would love to have him at Anfield, he ticks a lot of the boxes even though weā€™re well stocked in the forward line.

Julian Dicks is up there with footballing level.

1 Like

Always wondered how he got past our ā€˜no dicksā€™ policy

2 Likes

Oh I think he is a talent but if we have limited funds we need to consider elsewhere first.

But, we did get about Ā£20m back on Carroll for his loan and eventual transfer. Net spend on him was about Ā£15m.

Keita on the other hand cost us Ā£55m and left for nowt.

1 Like

We canā€™t claim it was false advertising

True Ā£15m was probably still too much.