The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Ged didn’t like dealing with his brothers who were his agents

1 Like

Give this one a big swerve

Haven’t been following him much but have never heard any negative headlines concerning him (possible I’m very wrong!)

Why would you swerve him?

Why would we want him? If anything we want a centre back. He’s not very good defensively and has been dining off THAT World Cup goal

Ah OK, fair enough. Thought there was some off field element too.

That Falk guy has been right once in about 15 years.

1 Like

I guess his first name isn’t Peter then…

4 Likes

Ah BBQ gate, an intrinsic part of our community.

Thuram for me has this look of Yaya Toure, I can imagine when he starts to add more muscle he will be this swashbuckling midfielder who can go the full length of the pitch and score some great goals, a proper beast.

5 Likes

Yeah, I made the same comment to someone yesterday. I do like a tall, dominant CM!

4 Likes

As long as we treat him to some cake it will be fine.

7 Likes

SMALL PLAYERS ARE SHIT - Thuram has the right sort of inside leg measurement.

Another relevant comparison is Vieria, who he played under for one and half seasons at Nice and under whom, supposedly, he started developing more defensively.

3 Likes

Lol, my actual words yesterday were that he had the potential to be our Yaya/Vieira…

I definitely see that possibility in him. If anything, I’m more excited by the prospect of getting Thuram than I was Mac (even though Mac is more proven).

2 Likes

What about small Italian Players?

Pavard has long considered himself a CB playing out of position at RB. One of the main criticisms of him is that for someone who has played on such dominant teams, he doesnt offer as much creatively as you’d want from a FB on a team like that. Defensively, I rarely seen too much criticism of him.

He is older than what I assumed we’d be going for if we were in for CB, but there is a certain sense you can make out of it if we’re going to continue with this back 3 in possession approach, but still doesnt seem like a legit link

3 Likes

Been following Pavard since he signed for Stuttgart.

Not seeing much improvement since he left for Bayern tbh. Of course you get better by playing for Bayern and France but I’m missing that big jump to be a top class player.

Solid in anything he does at the back but nothing special imo.

Don’t want him anywhere near our RB position and that’s actually why he is unhappy at Bayern for quite some time now.

Signing for Liverpool as a CB to compete with Ibou would be a real stupid move for another French player imo.

https://twitter.com/HonzaRihaftbl/status/1667539986084773888?t=zI9eGSaXLLFI9Ahz0vzUkw&s=19
Anyone seen any links or know anything about him ?

1 Like

What I learned from this is that if we sign him his lean is likely to be a sliding tackle

Looks pretty comfortable on the ball FWIW

2 Likes

Yeah makes sense….6ft 4 by the way.

2 Likes

But Colombo solved a murder every episode.

1 Like