The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Think thats a bit harsh. There are a number of forum members who take great pleasure in following the progress of youngsters at the club, and generous enough to share that with the rest us. Clarkson’s attitude tail end of the season prompted a lot of praise amongst folk here.

Thanks for sharing that news with us.

4 Likes

Wasn’t saying nobody cared about Clarkson and didn’t mean it to come across that way, rumour thread I thought was for signing and not players leaving

3 Likes

I like it, going back to the place he had success last season to build upon that is a good career move (rather than going to Celtic for example which may have been a slightly bigger jump). We’ll probably see Clarkson back in English football in a few years time but got to be good news for Aberdeen to get him back on a contract now.

1 Like

Where is the Clarkson money John?

3 Likes

Four year deal, undisclosed fee.
Wouldn’t be surprised if some of the outstanding Ramsay fee is being written off and the large sell on percentage like the Duk deal.

3 Likes

Funnily enough, we’ve already done similar thing before, during seasons when we won major trophies. Trent and Robbo have always been our playmakers, and it was Hendo, Fab, and Wijnaldum’s job to cover for them. Most teams used to let only one full-back attack at a time, we were one of the very few who let both of them off leash at the same time. And despite this we had couple of seasons with some of the best defensive numbers.

I think where things have gone really wrong this season is none of our midfielders have been able to give that cover any more, but we still tried to play the old fashioned way. In a sense, having 3 at the back would actually be better than having both Trent and Robbo rampaging forward. But to see an improvement, we still need those legs in the midfield that have always been the key to how we have played under Klopp.

Liverpool FC’s Premier League retained list has been submitted, confirming the departure of several senior and Academy players after the 2022-23 season.

As previously announced, Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita, James Milner and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are set to leave the club upon the expiry of their contracts this summer.

All four bid farewell having played their part in Jürgen Klopp’s side lifting seven trophies in recent years, including the 2019 Champions League and the Reds’ first league title for 30 years with 99 points in 2019-20.

There were also successes in the UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, Carabao Cup, Emirates FA Cup and FA Community Shield, and the quartet’s contributions were saluted during an emotional send-off at Anfield in May.

A contract offer has been made to Adrian, who has been a vital member of the goalkeeping group and featured 26 times under Klopp since joining the club in the summer of 2019.

At the Academy, Jack Bearne, who made a senior debut for Liverpool in the 2019 League Cup quarter-final, Liam Hughes – who was twice part of the Reds’ matchday squad – Charlie Hayes-Green, Oscar Kelly, Fidel O’Rourke, Oludare Olufunwa and Iwan Roberts will also embark on new chapters in their careers this summer.

Contract offers have been made to Paul Glatzel, Jacob Poytress and Reece Trueman.

Everyone at Liverpool FC thanks all the departing players for their contributions throughout their time at the club and wishes them the very best for the future.

3 Likes

No surprises on the list of players leaving.

Liam Hughes and Oscar Kelly’s jobs as “training goalkeepers” will be taken by Trueman and Poytress. Poytress I literally forgot existed. Hayes-Green never looked good enough and he’s signed for Bolton. Bearne was on loan at Kidderminster last season, scoring three times. Fidel O’Rourke did well on loan in Wales and then was a squad player for Oxford City in the National League. Oludare Olufunwa was signed to fill a gap in the U21s more for fitness purposes than anything and Iwan Roberts has struggled for game time at U18 level.

Nice to see that we are sticking by Paul Glatzel instead of releasing him, he’s been injured for about 2 and half years straight now and would struggle to find a professional club if we released him this summer.

5 Likes

I was surprised at Glatzel but nice to see the club looking after him.

2 Likes

Did their contract expire?

I’m not much for youtube compilations, but just watch this for entertainment value. The positions he pops up in, its like a Yaya regen fck me.

4 Likes

Yeah me too :eyes:

Think I’m warming to this Abbas fella, so who do we thinks lying then?

1 Like

He didn’t meet him in Morroco, it was Tunisia.

3 Likes

To be honest Abbas seems to like to piss us off so I think it’s probably bollocks.

1 Like

Time to re-open the player’s thread?

3 Likes

Absolutely Thurman is the midfielder i’d take over all others. Looks to be in a different class to, say, Kone. I realise he’s playing in the farmer’s league, but still looks pretty slick.

2 Likes

This guy?

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/1669403144173019142?t=rMmkGxbH2Ucnh0MVSpqnzg&s=19

“Liverpool offered chance to decide”… this isn’t even fucking English.

7 Likes