The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

There’s some very unreliable talk that we’re interested in Tyler Adams. Leeds apparently want £40m for him.

Please stop the player arguments. Rumours. It’s dull.

OK, folks, I’ve moved a bunch of posts to Suarez thread where they belonged in the first place. Please keep things on topic - there are so many unreliably and semi-reliably linked players nowadays that I genuinely expected would force this thread into overdrive.

6 Likes

Thats new to Leeds

1 Like

I don’t understand what you mean :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Thank you.
I’ve been guilty myself, but it is annoying, especially in this thread.

1 Like

Here you go, this is what this thread is for :joy:

2 Likes

How do we think Trent would have done as a 10 with Suarez in the side?
Just kidding :rofl:

1 Like

So Thuram supports England? Yeah that checks out. :joy:

1 Like

We’re after another defensive midfielder, apparently.

https://thekoptimes.com/2023/06/18/liverpool-boca-juniors-midfielder-alan-varela-transfer-news/amp/

I know nothing about him; any regular Boca watchers here?

1 Like

Is this the Macalister influence already? I thought the only defensive midfielder we are after is Kone?

No, we’re also looking at Lavia & Gravenberch, and some people reckon that Thuram might be our only other midfield signing and we’re going to make him a no.6 (he’s played that position before). Its all up in the air still. I think we’re keeping our options open in case the selling club tries to pull a fast one over us by bumping the price last minute.

Everyone knows how desperately Liverpool needs midfielders. If we go about and say, “Thuram and Kone are our only priority targets” then it gives more power to the selling clubs because they know we’ll not deviate.

5 Likes

I doubt that any genuine interest in Valera is of the same type as the other links we’re seeing. This seems far more like something to help the next phase of transition after Thiago and Fabs leave and Hendo is a year older.

I’d imagine that even if we got him he’d likely stay there for another season, maybe a season and a half (given the lack of alignment between the calendars).

1 Like

I am of the opinion we need to plan for life after Thiago now. Atleast handle the transition like how real Madrid is handling it.

2 Likes

Both are unattainable. City will have the first choice over Lavia with their clause which extends to 2024.

Bayern will be mad to let go of Gravenberch considering their problems.

It’s thuram as the major priority right now and Kone if it’s an added benefit.

1 Like

Does seem like we are waiting on something.

Seen it reported Sandcastle have offered £70m for Tchouameni…

Now this - Maybe Howe is just following Jurgen about eh

2 Likes

Players would rather play for klopp than for howe. So fuck that , this is just clickbait.

1 Like

Did we ever plan for life with him?

I think Trent is the plan for life after Thiago. As Trent comes to the fore in his new role, it is so clear to see that he is becoming our playmaker. He is getting on the ball in the middle, dictating the tempo, short pass, recycle, move it along, be available, short pass, then all of a sudden BANG, and a more telling pass is made, according to Trent’s excellent vision and the runs being made.

Thiago, sans injury, is a playmaker with vision and a great passing game, and that is the player Trent is becoming. Without wishing to create undue expectations, I think Trent has more to his game than Thiago and will take the playmaker role further.

We are going to see more assists and more goals from Trent than Thiago ever had in his locker, and the similarity will be that Trent will be the metronome to keep it all moving.

It will be exciting to see, and I can’t wait to see what other midfielder/s we sign to complete the picture.

4 Likes