The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

𝗡𝗘đ—Ș: Liverpool are pushing to sign Ryan Gravenberch from Bayern Munich this summer with the player open to an exit from the Bundesliga giants. Liverpool are aware that his future will be re-evaluated after the player returns from international duty. #lfc [mirror]

2 Likes

I fucking hate international tournaments.

2 Likes

To be fair if a 14 days of training leads to a muscle tear I’d hazard a guess it would have happened sooner or later

1 Like

Does anyone think that Veiga might be a long term successor for Mo Salah?

Don’t get me wrong, I know we are some way off that - we haven’t signed him, and he still has a lot to prove, but the talent is there, and he has a good eye for goal. He doesn’t have the pace of Mo, but isn’t a slouch either.

He hasn’t played much on the wing, but versatility seems to be a key part of his game, and I suspect he could be tailored to suit.

1 Like

There is nothing unattainable about it. Why would City want Lavia when they can just get Rice? City are not really the types to develop raw youngsters, and Lavia is in no way shape or form ready for highest level of football. Bear in mind, they bought Kalvin Phillips after they sold Lavia, and he’s still languishing on their bench.

As for Gravenberch, although Bayern have said they have no intention to sell him, they keep getting linked with players like Rice and Caicedo. They clearly want to bring someone in. If that does happen then Gravenberch’s path out should be cleared.

Of course its another question entirely if these two players are our top targets, which I don’t think is the case. But its not that they are unattainable.

This one baffles me out of all the names. Is it because there’s low-ish release clause so it’d be relatively straightforward to get done? Just can’t understand why we keep getting linked to more and more attacking players.

He’s a midfielder. Albeit an attack minded one, but one who seems to fit very nicely into the way we play. The piece the athletic did on him recently shows he already defends exactly how we want our midfielders to defend

What this shows is that while he isnt often directly winning the ball back, his smart positioning and effective pressure is a key element in forcing the ball into areas where his teammates win the ball back
the thing that Klopp complained all season we weren’t doing.

4 Likes

With the disclaimer of it being YT scouting and the inherent risks in that, I watched a couple of compilations of his after we were being linked and was very impressed.

I could actually see us going for one of Thuram or Veiga for the same driving from midfield role, rather than Thuram or Kone as I originally thought.

Starting to increasingly feel like the DM options are Kone or Lavia, with the added unreliable wild card of Varela.

It all sounds pretty good to me in terms of what I think our biggest needs are.

5 Likes

Interesting wrinkle on the Viega link is that he got on our radar when we were at Celta trying to get the Bajcetic deal done, which is way earlier than everyone else. There is apparently a good relationship in place with the Celta people after the previous deal and so those two things could put us in a strong position if we choose to prioritize him

2 Likes

& me!!!

Gonna sound a whole lot better when we’re reading all our new boys name off the team sheet!!!

Announcer - “please welcome our new number 8 - SUPER GABI VEIGA”
Anfield Crowd - “Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaay”

Announcer - “annnnnnnd please welcome our new number 10 - SUPER ALEXI MAC”
Anfield Crowd - “Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay”

Just now seeing some links to Eze, so it does very much feel like we’re looking for that attack-minded CM capable of bringing the ball forward quickly from midfield.

Eze is another player I like a lot, any one of those three for the role and I’ll be happy.

2 Likes

I see Lavia primarily for the #6 role.

Thuram, Kone, Veiga are all more #8’s from my understanding, all in their own ways.

Eze is good, but not what we need, especially after bringing in Mac.

I see us bringing another primarily #8 type of player (who could have the ability to cover #6 also), potentially also a #6, but not necessarily.

1 Like

I think I’ve heard Veiga prefers us to Newcastle already.

Wonder if we are going do one of those crazy Houllier type signing days when all 6 line up behind Klopp :joy:

2 Likes

Hopefully with less of a ‘why the fuck did we sign this guy?’ kinda feel :joy:

(with mild apologies to Bernard Diomede
)

Forest should have done that last summer.

2 Likes

Miss those days.

These are our new signings.
Season starts there and then.

Back to business. :heart_eyes:

Yup friendlies you’d see the result in the paper or on ceefax and judge whether it was good or bad.

Be easier to send Klopp to the U21 Euros and wait for France to play the Netherlands.

Thuram, Kone, Gravenberch and Van de Ven break off from their respective pre-match team photos to have a Liverpool signing photo with Klopp right there on the pitch before kick off.

Bulk ship them back to Liverpool afterwards to save on the postage.

1 Like

And make them all throw eggs at Enzo Le Fe