The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

The main priority for me for midfield is having at least 5 non injured players to pick from on any given week.

2 Likes

41 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Music Thread

Kone and Thuram for me.

Leaves us a little overstocked for one year, but perhaps thatā€™s what we need if weā€™re carrying on with the box midfield.

Picking from Trent, Jones, Mac Allister, Thuram and Kone gives us plenty of quality and legs before considering the older players & Bajcetic.

Both are fairly priced according to reports. Not the very best players on the market perhaps, but good enough with plenty of potential to improve.

Not concerned with the age of that group, 22-24 is plenty old enough with the amount of games they have between them.

6 Likes

That would be my business too, and I donā€™t thinks it hurts to plan ahead. Thiago leaves next summer, and Hendo will be properly into his twilight years.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s a major issue for one season.

Itā€™s evident Thiago isnā€™t staying beyond this year and we do have Europa Football and the 7-8 injuries we get per month :person_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Iā€™d take a third midfielder as well. Even if we are overstocked , knowing our injury record , it wouldnā€™t be a bad idea to start getting guys this year especially considering that Thiagoā€™s availability for the whole season is doubtful. Makes sense for them to play with Thiago even on the practice sessions too though.

1 Like

Like that Mac Allister chap from Brighton?

2 Likes

Excluding the macallister Irish/Scottish chap

Though Klopp said that we want to do our business well before the start of pre-season, this tournament ends on July 8, beginning of pre-season ā€¦

Wishes and reality.

Itā€™s very hard to complete our whole transfer business before pre-season.

Most important remains is that theyā€™re the right players. If some come early and some come later, it is how it is. Hopefully all of them will catch at least part of our preparation.

1 Like

Ah but they might go out early

He wants it!

š—”š—˜š—Ŗ: Ryan Gravenberch wants to leave Bayern Munich and has informed his teammates of his intention to do so. He is very keen on a move to Liverpool. #lfc [@kerry_hau]

NEW: Liverpool are interested in Nicolo Barella as they feel his energy fits exactly what they want from a second midfielder to complement Alexis Mac Allister. [Miguel Delaney - Independent :writing_hand:ļøŽ]

How we would feel about a midfield trio of Gravenburch Barella and MacAllister then?

No way we get 2 more if one of those is Barellaā€¦.too expensive. Plus, watching him in CL he seemed to be kind of a dick to his teammates when he didnā€™t get the ball exactly how and when he wanted it. Super talented to be sure though.

1 Like

Iā€™m distinctly underwhelmed by the Gravenbach links. I hope thatā€™s all they areā€¦links. Call me cynical, but the owners seem to look at two factors regarding potential player purchases; age and price, and not necessarily in that order. The actual quality of an individual seems to be a poor third.

I hope Iā€™m wrong but it wouldnā€™t surprise me if Gravenbach turned up here, simply because he will probably be the cheaper option from the French midfield pair weā€™ve been linked with - unless JK tells FSG where to get off this time.

1 Like

Still feel Jurgen will go back in for Tchouameni - even if it is January.
With that belief, I think we will get the player at the moment that compliments his style, rather than replicates it :person_shrugging:

1 Like

You think owners are involved in any way aside from signing cheques?

The price factor is a simple one. We need a few players and havenā€™t got endless cash or CL money from which to pay for them.

Age is exactly what weā€™ve been moaning about for a while. Aging players whose legs are going.

As for ability, well Ajax and Bayern saw enough in Gravenberch so heā€™s obviously not a complete a complete bum. Nor is Mac Allister. But the owners arenā€™t judging any of them, they hire people like JĆ¼rgen to do that type of thing.

2 Likes

The owners sign the cheques. My point is that keeping those cheques as low as possible is very much in their interests. They are not in it for the love of the sport after all. This is widely accepted I think.

1 Like

Which owners are?

The club pays for itself. That is also widely accepted. Happy for them to keep out the way and just sign cheques and building a sustainable club thatā€™s won everything going in the last few years.

What is also widely accepted is the fact that more expensive doesnā€™t mean better. Brighton want more than double what we paid for Mac Allister for Ceicedo. Is he twice as good? No.

3 Likes

By the way reverting back to topic the U21s is being streamed via UEFA Tv in the Uk at least.

Yeah, Leadership and experience got us the exceptional chance for Klopp to truly complete football by getting the only trophy that got away!