The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Will it? I think the guy tweeting it will suffer the most fall out - i havent seen anything to implicate Bayern directly?

1 Like

Iā€™d love it if this was just an in-joke between Klopp and ManĆ© solely to troll Bayern.

6 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m guessing he will be hung, drawn and quartered like the other solitary time someone was less than 100% truthful on twitter. Poor bastard.

2 Likes

Just thinking if itā€™s coming from a journalist with connections at Bayern, Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s a good chance he got the intel from the club. So why make it a thing now, a couple of days before the final, if thereā€™s nothing in itā€¦?

1 Like

Why discuss it now, 90 minutes before the biggest game of the season?

2 Likes

Donā€™t know, something to do. Iā€™m nervous.

5 Likes

Because it will get more attention and views now of courseā€¦

Now we wait for the Mane news.

Well, weā€™re waiting Sadio.

I reckon Sadio has signed a new deal. Heā€™s a cracking player and I hope so. Looks like Mo will wind his deal down, so we need at least one of them to sign a new deal.

Jota, Diaz and Carvalho evolves the group. Then when Mo goes we will get another top striker. Thatā€™s how I see it.

I would not be opposed to bringing Firmino back. Heā€™s not the same player he was three years ago, but heā€™s got certain qualities that I believe are underappreciated in big games and separate him from everyone else - he plays with confidence seemingly always, and he links up Mane and Salah better than anyone currently in the forward rotation.

I also wouldnā€™t be surprised if he took a discount to stay, too. He could probably earn more somewhere else, but he likes it in Red.

1 Like

I can see why weā€™d be interested in Kane, our front line has a major problem with keeping possession unless Bobby plays. Fine for 97% of games but for the very best teams? You canā€™t keep fluffing your lines, need to be ruthless when it counts.

3 Likes

The problems with Kane are his price tag and general unlikeable demeanour.

As a footballer he is outstanding and would improve our front line without a doubt.

8 Likes

Milner saying that we donā€™t sign knobheads pretty much ends the Kane rumours.

7 Likes

Aye, easily forgiven if he fires us to trophies, we are a fickle bunch.

Think it took 4 years of him being one the top scorers in the league for me to begrudgingly say heā€™s a decent player!

4 Likes

Kane is a knobhead but he is a brilliant 9/10. The criticism of Firmino is that he is not clinical enough and the criticism of Jota is that he doesnā€™t really help in the build up or hold the ball up well. Kane is a hybrid of both.

Looks like Mane is leaving from the reports today so it will be interesting to see what type of forward we look to bring in.

1 Like

I hope we donā€™t just say - weā€™ve got Diaz, no need to replace ManĆ©. That would be suicidal.

14 Likes

Iā€™d actually say it was actually part of our approach to try risky things with the ball as we were so confident in our ability to win it back quickly that losing the ball and then turning it over again so quickly is actually a viable way to create openings. When weā€™re not quite as aggressive and on the front foot as we were 3 years ago or so it means the pressure sustain is a bit less sustainingā€¦and bit less suffocating.

3 Likes

Imagine Salah and Kane going for the assist/golden boot next season.

Not a single pass shared between them :rofl:

4 Likes

Penalties would be fun.

I think we sign two a forward player (but not nesscary in Maneā€™s slot) and a Midfielder.

1 Like