The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I’m genuinely shocked at the way so many of you seem to want this to be true, irrespective of how reliable said rumours might be.

2 Likes

I dont think anyone wants it to be true but a lot of people are saying he will leave and not many are saying he will stay.

2 Likes

Seems to be going down by the minute will be 10m by Sunday lunchtime.

It is this in my view Bayern May want Mane, they wish to pay 25m for him, they even may have had some agreement with Mane’s agent, that’s about where it ends.

It all seems to be the same source.

2 Likes

But Mane has about 4-5 years on Lewandowski, so that bumps Mane’s price up to 200-250M

3 Likes

Maybe we have signed lewandowski at a very cheap cost and bayern are pissed at us! :wink:

1 Like

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

3 Likes

Prefer to keep Mane

4 Likes

Maybe price is a bit lower with us getting Thiago for 20 when he had 1 year left on his deal? I think most of that 20 was deferred for a while as well because we were a bit short of cash during the pandemic. Maybe a wink wink that we’d give them a deal later.

We must have a decent relationship with them, and i could see us not standing in Mane’s way if he’d like to go, he’s earned the right.

All that said, 30 mil for someone being mentioned for the ballon d’or doesn’t seem all that likely.

Yeah Jurgen would love to help out Bayern

3 Likes

Gnabry plus €30m, then maybe we’ll talk.

1 Like

I’m not sure Jurgen sees Bayern as the bogeyman lol. I doubt he’s overly concerned one way or the other about them.

1 Like

You should check the history between Klopp and Bayern.

2 Likes

He turned them down while he had a contract with us and asked for Munich not to give him a bunch of flowers in a show of friendship for his last game for Dortmund?

He doesn’t strike me as someone who would hold a grudge for a slight I’m unaware of. What am i missing?

Apart from announcing the signing of a key Dortmund player on the eve of an important match?

Its not necessarily a grudge he holds but these are things that won’t see him rush to do any favours.

Firstly, everyone hates Bayern in Germany.
Secondly, he was coach of their nearest rivals for a number of years.
Thirdly, during that time Bayern regularly poached and or unsettled his star players including, infamously, announcing the signing of Götze just before their CL final.
Fourthly, Bayern are exactly the kind of arrogant, entitled club that Jürgen despises.
Fifthly, they are constantly trying to get him to join them and he always gives them the finger.
Sixthly, he’s good mates with Die Toten Hosen who have released songs slagging off BM.
I could go on…

7 Likes
6 Likes

According to a mate all of this Mane/Bayern talk originated with Florian Plettenberg. He was the first to put it out and is still pushing the story.

To be fair he is connected in Germany but also specifically a Bayern mouthpiece. He also likes to talk about Liverpool quite a lot.

4 Likes

All right. So if the next couple of days come and go, and Mane says he’s staying at Liverpool, this will look a bit weird for Bayern.

2 Likes

Was thinking the same, couldn’t agree more. It’s an odd one on several levels.

They’ll find someone to blame

2 Likes