The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

:laughing:

With the caveat that weā€™re not entirely sure if this midfield 2-2 box is a long term solution, and if so how it changes the requirements of the various roles, one of the key attributes Klopp has previously required of his DM is aerial strength. My reflex when thinking about how this impacts Bajcetic is to think that heā€™s likely to need to develop into a more box to box player, something we did see to good effect in several of his performances already. But then I remember that he is deceptively tall at 6ā€™1" and likely to add more pounds to his frame over the next year or two.

So what point am I making? Not sure, Im hoping someone can tell me

3 Likes

Getting sick and tiered of those Unreliable Rumors, I want reliable ones ā€¦ :confounded:

1 Like

Yes, i get the feeling from what iā€™ve read that heā€™s on our list but not near the very topā€¦

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1673354033954684928?t=YgqkPNXUsHlE-MOJKJGW_Q&s=19

1 Like

Neil Jones reckons we want Colwill as well as Thuram and Gravenberch as our preferred CMs. If we sign three more players I would expect one to be home grown. Just not sure Chelsea will sell unless the player asks for a move.

2 Likes

I doubt they sell him and even if they entertained the idea I imagine theyā€™d use Ben White as the benchmark for where to price him up which would put him well out of our reach.

1 Like

I think weā€™d have more complications convincing Colwill to come, rather than Chelsea to sell him. Chelsea are allegedly locked into discussions over a new deal but they also want Caicedo, which Brighton are aware of, so they use it to strengthen their hand over convincing Chelsea to sell Colwill to them.

Also, I think that someone wrote that selling academy players is actually the best route for Chelsea to fulfil FFP obligations because all the money gained on selling academy players is counted as profit. Mount and Colwill could fetch them around 100 million pounds, I guess.

3 Likes

Colwil canā€™t be forced into a move.
Who do you think heā€™d choose? LFC orBrighton?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AnythingLFC_/status/1673460436094574592?t=apf7fhxL1Ez30i9fR2hTZA&s=19

Im off to get my mbappe shirtā€¦todayšŸ˜

Isnā€™t he joining next yesr on a free

1 Like

Thereā€™s no such thing. Thereā€™ll still be a massive signing-on fee, agentsā€™ fees, etc to be paid.

2 Likes

Gravenberch is according to his own words in the Dutch newspaper expecting to stay at Bayern

Iā€™m with a top 3 club in the world. I think thatā€™s beautiful and special. Iā€™m not giving that up just like that. My goal is still to succeed at Bayern.

Well, heā€™d be a regular starter for Brighton, heā€™s on his way to break into English national team, he knows the team, the managerā€¦ Like us, they also play Europa League! :joy:

4 Likes

Yes but we have the better and more experienced manager plus where is he likely to win anything Brighton or liverpool?

2 Likes

In fairness heā€™s not guaranteed to be a starter at Brighton. He wasnā€™t last season (started about 1/3 of their games).

2 Likes

Still not sure what Gravenberch offers us that Jones doesnā€™t. Kone makes more sense as a target for me.

I donā€™t necessarily think Neil Jones has the inside scoop on who we prefer though, so I wonder where heā€™s pulling that from.

3 Likes

I think from the same place where the sun reportedly does not shine.

1 Like

Itā€™s finally happening! Our boys coming home!!!

Think this news warrants a Mbappe tattoo, nevermind a shirt!!!

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/1673610331749330944