The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

https://twitter.com/LusbyJack/status/1674199891600453636?s=20

2 Likes

How about the injuries of Thiago and Bajcetic? As it stands now we are going into the season with two slow and old legs midfielders Henderson and Fabinho a talented but still not fully proven Jones and the new Mac Allister.

A lot of work to be done in midfield alone.

2 Likes

Bajcetic they were hopeful would be back for pre-season. Thiago there doesn’t appear to be a lot of information on.

We’ve got Elliott in the mix too so even without Bajcetic or Thiago or any other new signings we’d have five midfielders to start the season with.

Not ideal but then we’re clearly trying to bring in another which would make it six midfielders for three spots with two more on their way back from injury. If all were fit for the opening game then we’re going to be making decisions about who we’re leaving out the match day squad.

Or we could come back and lose half of them to injury on the first day of pre-season to injury.

Elliott is not a midfielder IMO so it is 4 two of them are overrum on a daily basis during season and should never start together again.

Like I said a lot of work to be done.

It may be your opinion, but it is not Klopp’s, who’s opinion is really all that matters here.

6 Likes

Can we sell Thiago to one of the Saudi sand shithole sides? It’s clear he’s just too injury prone for us.

2 Likes

What we might get for him.

1 Like

Klopp did say Bajcetic should be back for preseason but they would be taking training easy with him.

That goes voor every opinion who is not the same as Klopp’s but if it makes you happy to wrap that under my nose … good for you.

1 Like

Not really, the point was Elliott was another CM player, which Klopp has shown he believes as well, so your opinion to the contrary really has no bearing here.

4 Likes

Do it. The camel on the left looks like it’s got talented hooves and we need more legs in midfield…

2 Likes

Ah now you can speak for the whole forum.

Have a nice day

Opinion is not the same as fact. Let me put it like this:

“Elliott should not be a CM” is an opinion worth discussing.

“We’ll only have four CMs at the start of the season because Elliott shouldn’t be a CM” is not, as Klopp has demonstrated throughout the course of an entire season that he will select him as one. Ergo, the fact we will start the season with a group of CMs that includes Elliott is something that your opinion has no bearing on.

Unless he goes on loan lol.

6 Likes

I think it is well understood that the squad as a whole had become a little bloated, in the wrong ways. For example, the number of midfielders who could provide nothing because they were always injured. There will almost certainly be 3-4 less players that will be in and around the starting lineup come next season compared to last.

1 Like

As brutal as it sounds im more comfortable in this happening now (feel for him obviously) and us not signing him as its normally the other way round and we are left with a ton of injured players.

Hopefully its a just a tweak.

1 Like

If the deal is already wrapped up and the injury is serious , then we are seriously back in the shit again.

We’re not the only party involved in the deals though, so it isnt within our power to guarantee the deals all get done early.

Perhaps Klopp is coming around to my point of view because since the beginning of April, 12 matches, Elliott started on the bench 11 times and the one he did start he was taken off after 63 minutes.

It’s a very nice guy but not a midfielder so maybe on paper you can call him that but for me as it stand we are going into the season with 4 midfielders.

1 Like

Yeah, Klopp said Bajcetic should be fine to start pre-season and Thiago was scheduled to have a hip(?) operation I think. It’s a long way until the start of the season, many things can happen to different players still.

1 Like

Which isnt really that important because we know the club are working on deals for the new season and are expecting new players to join.