The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I think Kone is more of a fan’s wish.

Big, physical, etc. Like Kessie was the popular shout a few years ago. Couple of stats to back it up. But most people probably never saw Kone play.

Club is of course aware and possibly even interested, but unlikely to sign him.

2 Likes

To one degree or another, Gravenberch, Thuram, Veiga and Kone were all mentioned (Kone earlier on it seemed, not so much lately) and there have also been other midfield links getting some traction, like Lavia and Szoboszlai. There are probably others I’m overlooking too, like that South American midfielder who had a great range of passing but his name escapes me.

There are lots of permutations and I don’t see us getting boxed in on one option.

Reading between the lines on what the club (I think Inglethorpe) has been said about him I wouldn’t expect him to be heavily involved early. He will be ready for pre-season but regardless of when he starts his return it sounds like they are going to hold him back so he can take time to build up his base of fitness to a level required to play CM at this level. On several occasions we saw his arse fall out after about 60 minutes, and is seemingly something they think is connected to his injury.

1 Like

Sorry but that’s a ridiculous statement to wrap under our noses. He’s only 20 and well ahead of schedule to become a star player for us for a decade

3 Likes

Another gem. Is that translated from American?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that is a traditional Pembrokeshire phrase

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that, I have read it and do nothing with it.

Have a nice day.

We have heard that before didn’t we, it is only minor and boom 4 weeks out is something normal with us.

I believe it when I see him in training on July 8.

Due to our season practically being finished at the time and Jones doing well, we perhaps made a decision that it was better for Thiago to have that operation and then be available for pre-season. Hopefully catches enough of it for him to be well prepared (not all players need an equal amount of everything, but you do hope he has enough for himself), even if he’s not there on day 1. Sure, we have had another frustrating season of injuries, but let’s not rush with conclusions over the start of a new season. We had seasons when our injury record was pretty good.

1 Like

Did we, recently … Can’t remember.

Yes. Leading up to the horrible 20/21, two seasons were good, 21/22 was also good. 22/23 wasn’t good, although it wasn’t as terrible as 20/21. We sometimes forget when it was good, and on the other hand make it sound like we’re cursed and we’re the only ones who are. That’s wrong. I’m not saying that there isn’t a certain % from our medical staff and general way of training from our football staff that perhaps can’t be better in order to improve prevention. To have 5-6 injuries almost all season like we had last season is not sustainable. And we cannot operate with 30 odd senior players every season. We can joke or be sarcastic at times, but it’s not all doom and gloom. Let’s wait for a bit of news ahead of pre-season, during pre-season and when we get closer to the start of season. Right now, nobody is written off for the start of that.

2 Likes

It’s reassuring to hear as we did chuck him in the deep end last season. Doesn’t mean he can’t be an option but if we add another midfielder he’s probably the one you’d expect least minutes from next season anyway.

Be good to see him part of pre-season from day one. Even if that’s not a full part as we’re tailoring his sessions.

Got a good feeling about Baj, high hopes for him.

Sometimes it’s good to be thrown in at the deep end to see if they swim or sink and then you give the manager an early impression…he battled hard and stayed afloat, really took his chances well before the injury and was consistently very good.

3 Likes

Fede Valverde

1 Like

https://twitter.com/philipphinze24/status/1674365817431945218?t=s9py5VPpfwgZV4JjYNQNFw&s=19

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/14m6823/guido_schäfer_i_will_say_yes_dominik_szoboszlai/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Considering it’s Reddy I assume that means a thread but is anyone going risk it.

3 Likes

Ornstein, Joyce and Reddy all confirmed more or less the same story in the last two days.

3 Likes

Ortsteins’ source: Reddy
Joyce’s source: Ornstein
Reddys source: Joyce

2 Likes

From the club then I guess.

It depends if anyone can spell it :joy: You know I’m not attempting it, happy to offer English lessons mind.

1 Like

Joyce source is pretty much the club.

1 Like