The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I think this is the crux of modern club football. The game is now so finely coached that the players need a defined set of attributes to fit into any specific team, and when those things become mismatched a once fantastic looking player can look out of his depth. See Juan Mata finding himself playing for a Mourinho coached team

2 Likes

I think Curtis and Baj could play the role better than Fab now. Both are more press resistant. Both are quicker. Both, especially Curtis can beat a man.

I donā€™t think there is anything in it to be honest, I doubt the Saudiā€™s would pay and I have a feeling Thiago would go state side anyhow.

Generally seems to be one who doesnā€™t holiday in Dubai like others but maybe Iā€™ve just missed it.

If anyone goes I can see it being Fabinho, remember Jones is just freelance

2 Likes

Rumours of PSG beating us to Viega.

I really canā€™t see why weā€™d buy him now, Thuram still could be an option but Viega not really.

3 Likes

Iā€™m very, very suspicious about Veiga. His passing stats are almost inexplicably low for a player that doesnā€™t play very many key passes and his goals output seems to be a bit sudden - 21/22 he scored 9 in the 3rd division and the year before that nothing at all.

His goals output for Celta this year was great - 11 - but take that away from him and he doesn;t seem to offer very much.

4 Likes

No, I think he was an option we probably explored at one point, but Szoboszlai was clearly our first choice for this role.

4 Likes

They can have him, we got Zobo who is way ahead of him.

1 Like

Yeah, hard to argue here. As much as I love watching Thiago play for us, itā€™s too rare to be worth the money anymore. Really feels like Klopp is going for a tear-down and rebuild of the midfield in a single season. If Thiago goes, weā€™d have:

Mac Allister
Fabinho
Hendo
Elliott
Szobo
Lavia/Thuram (assuming one of them comes)
Bajcetic
Jones

Thatā€™s eight senior starters for rotation, plus several kids to play in cup matches in the early rounds. This isnā€™t even taking into account TAAā€™s changing role and potential formation changes that might move pieces around or see the likes of Jota/Gakpo used in a CAM-type role.

If we could get 15-20M for Thiago and get his wages off the books, Iā€™d go for it.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1675975640330170369

1 Like

I really canā€™t see Jordan doing that from what we know about him.

I think all these rumours are just thrown out there. With Thiago I would be open to it if they can fund some of our changes.

Then again it would be the loss of another player in the club leadership.

5 Likes

Whatā€™s that?

1 Like

Just seems to be quite a progressive guy and has always led on a fair few initiatives such as the NHS/Football captains thing during Covid.

I also feel Klopp would want him around.

4 Likes

Any of Henderson, Fabinho or Thiago should be up for sale if the offers come in. The first two for their quality, the latter for his availability.

Having Europa League football instead of Champions League makes it the ideal time to make big changes to the squad. In one window we could lower the average age and boost the fitness/quality significantly.

5 Likes

I would like us to do the deals before it mind.

1 Like

Dont see (or want) Hendo or Fab leaving. I like Thiago, but if theres a decent offer and we are bringing someone else in im okay with it. Heā€™s unavailable too often.

1 Like

Happy to see Thaigo go and Fab makes sense too. Surprised at Hendo stuff and I think he still has a very important off field role for us but if we can get good coin for him, the other two arenā€™t going and we need it to add another player for the rebuild then okay.

If the Saudis are offering anything between 35 million pounds to 50 million pounds, LFC should really seriously considerā€¦

If we sign Lavia and Thuram i would assume Hendo and Thiago will be leaving to the Gerrardā€™s team. Thiago the best midfielder we have is 32 will not be offered a new contract as things stand at 250k a weekā€¦ Think FSG are waiting to let them go before finishing the incomings as other clubs will not fleece us. Also they might be waiting for the appointment of StevieG who will be pulling things. 70 million for Hendo and Thiago will be a yes from me and knowing FSG i will not be surprised if we even get 90-100 million for the pair from Saudi. Looking at our spends so far this season under FSG itā€™s very likely they will be leaving in my opinion. Incomings will be two from Lavia and one from Thuram/Veiga. If we sign both Thuram and Veiga I guess fab might also be leaving but I think fab will stay for one more season. Football manager stuff.

We should consider selling for between 3.5m and 5m tbh.

Liverpool fans " if fsg sell to a middle Eastern petro state Iā€™m done with football*.

LFC fans ā€¦then proceed to draw up list of players to sell to Saudi teams for prices in their head they feel justified ā€¦for players way past their prime

16 Likes