The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

They also have to want to go, I’ve made this point on Thiago before and also Jordan Henderson if I’m honest doesn’t really seem to be the type to go over there.

Fabinho meanwhile

2 Likes

Fuck Saudi Arabia and fuck any club/player taking their blood money.

7 Likes

We are getting the usual oh expect FSG to now fire sale players.

If I’m honest I don’t expect we will if we were to bring in Lavia then perhaps we would consider offers but I feel the only sale value is really in Fabinho. I don’t think Klopp will want Hendo to go and Thiago seems pretty happy seeing his contract out.

If we do go again I don’t expect much next summer but let’s see what happens before making guesses.

If we do the odd fringe sale we would have spent about 80m, probably not out of the realms of our usual spend and generally I’ve felt we’ve underspent for several years.

1 Like

I tend to agree about Hendo, but who knows. I don’t know about Thiago. He’s Barça and they’re notoriously slippery in regards ethics.

But hey, we’ve had Fowler, Stevie and Bobby go to Saudi in the last week, so maybe the same could be said about us.

I just hope, when it comes down to it, football prevails. There’s an apathetic feeling around top clubs, like our own, and whilst I could see myself bailing on LFC or the PL in the near future, the idea that ‘football is dead’ doesn’t sit well with me. Football is still there. Your local lower league team is just around the corner.

2 Likes

Thing is, how many times did we see it said on here about St Jude?
He’s not the type to chase the money.
Footballers are ALL mercenaries.

I get it more with the Jota kid from Celtic, he’s earning buttons and that’s not likely to change in the real football world.
But multi millionaire football people going there?
Vermin.

1 Like

WTF, Jota has signed for Saudi Arabian side Al-Ittihad. Done deal. No info on fee.

1 Like

i think if we get Lavia and Thuram then 1 of hendo and thiago goes and it needs to be the latter. Hendo will take the Milner role.
Next summer Hendo will move on.

2 Likes

I just don’t get how do we decide who is the type to go to Saudi and who is not. By that metric, we already have a few who are in Saudi who we wouldn’t say would go there. Footballers are much more similar to each other than that. Not all will go, not all will even be wanted, but almost all will at least consider. And more will go now and in the near future. Everyone has the right what to think about those individuals, but for me nothing has changed what I think of the likes of Bobby and Stevie.

1 Like

I would rather think Coutinho would be a target for Gerrard. Not Henderson.

https://twitter.com/JacobsBen/status/1676139271969710080?s=20

2 Likes

Out of Lavia and Thuram I prefer Lavia - prem proven.

2 Likes

According to Tuttosports we made an offer for Perr Schuurs.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Quick, lets get another defender through the door ASAP so that when the inevitable Matip injury arises on day one of pre-season we don’t feel the need to keep hold of Nat just in case for yet another season.

Lad needs to go play some football.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Ultimately, aren’t we all? We have had this conversation before.

1 Like

So if it were the case that we could only sign Lavia should Thiago leave this summer would you take that option?

Yep

2 Likes

Haven’t watched that but I think the past week or so have proven Neil Jones has less of a clue than somebody make educated guesses.

3 Likes