The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

No. I was expecting a few people to suggest him :poop:

Iā€™d want someone at Maneā€™s level like Son or Gnabry when we replace him.

2 Likes

I like him, and think he would be a great fit for us.

My concern with Bowen, is West Ham value him so highly that he may not be financially that good an option compared to others

Donā€™t see Firmino and Jota being good enough as first choice. Options of the bench certainly. Really need a real replacement but thatā€™s perhaps easier said than done. Club will need to find someone of real quality though.

Are there any indications Gnabry might be open to such a move ?

Whatā€™s your opinion about the Saka kid? Though is far from a finished product (NOT something Klopp canā€™t fix :crazy_face:), but doesnā€™t he play on the right-side and can be a viable alternative to Salah?

He was crap last season , from what little I saw of him.

Edit : Oops , I though you meant the Burnley winger.

Nothing solid. There have been rumours for the last year or so that we were interested in him, and Bayern have been unable to get him to sign a new deal.

1 Like

It would be perfect if it did happen , but like with all these suggested player-exchange deals , do any of them ever actually come to fruition ?

This has been a loooong season. Our attack kind of fell apart through sheer weight of minutes in the legs of our players. Probably 90% of our goals and assists came from 7 players. Check out their minutes:

TAA - 4,200ā€™
Robbo - 4,000ā€™
Salah - 4,000ā€™
Mane - 3,900ā€™
Diaz - 3,900ā€™ (1,700ā€™ of that was in the less intense Portuguese league)
Jota - 3,500ā€™
Firmino - 1,800ā€™

Firmino had several muscular injuries spread out throughout the year. I think he looked great at the end of the season once he was finally fit. Jota played more minutes than most people think.

They were all tired and I think it would be unfair to narrowly focus on their contributions in their final games and ignore the rest of their season. 21 goals and 8 assists was Jotaā€™s return this season. Very unfair to suggest he isnā€™t good enough.

7 Likes

Comparing Salah with Bowen and other players who are available. Gnabry comes across well.

2 Likes

Firmino and Jota are both good players, excellent options, however I just donā€™t rate them quite as highly where they should be first choice. Plus they havenā€™t been first choice since Diaz was signed. Opinions though.

2 Likes

Harvey Elliott if we were actually to bring Kane inā€¦

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

2 Likes

All 3 are only 20. Not expecting any would be consistent starters for us yet, but all have serious potential, and are currently showing this in a shite team

1 Like

Saka or Martinelli maybe. Smith-Rowe Iā€™d pass.

Iā€™ve been so impressed any time Iā€™ve seen him, even off the bench. Thereā€™s a Klopp player in there, Iā€™m telling ya!

2 Likes

Heā€™s not better than Jones so donā€™t see what heā€™d add. I also donā€™t think heā€™s got the fitness.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a big fan of Jones too. Thereā€™s loads of great young players out there currently. Looking forward to see Klopp Mk 2 being built!

I loved Bullseye as a kid.

hes hardly featured this year though.

agree.

If Mane leaves will Jota and Bobby replace his goals? No.
Jota needs a rest as he has been not quite at his levels for a few months. Bobby continues to baffle. Great v Soton, awful when on v Wolves and did OK on Sat but he isnt going to get 15-20 a season anymore.

1 Like