The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

The Guardian’s Rumour Mill was saying we’ve already had a bid turned down.

We can play Mbappé, Diaz, Nunez, Jota and Gakpo all at the same time on the left.

This will leave Salah unmarked on the right and he’ll score 100 goals a season.

#tacticalmasterclass.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1677074462716440576?s=20

Now why would Southampton need to be buying a new defensive midfielder? Coincidentally another one from Man City :thinking:

1 Like

It is not so much his transfer fee but his ginormous salary €6M per month it was €73M per year
Now he is on€75M per year not counting his negotiated bonus in 2022 €70M 2023 €80M 2024 €90M per year of course

1 Like

Another good player, not really the same sort of midfielder as Lavia. Charles is the kind who can go and play at CB - a bit more of a traditional 6 rather than Lavia who is more rounded and progressive.

2 Likes

Leipzig are already replacing Szoboszlai with Lois Openda from RC Lens for around €45M

He would be more of an Nkunku replacement, playing among the two up top their 4-2-2-2. The 4 players competing for the two players between the lines would be Olmo, Baumgartner, Forsberg and Carvalho.

2 Likes

I think the bid for Mbappe might be true. Where is the money coming from, people might ask. I will offer you a clue. I suspect this guy is John.

QIZMLAOHOJD45M5D64SGKSOMKE

He will however retract the bid soon as he realized the winnings is in Jamaican dollars.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AnythingLFC_/status/1677087058261680128?s=20

1 Like

Unlikely after recent additions surely.

Would be somewhat funny if it did happen given how highly some posters have praised RM’s midfield rebuild…!

2 Likes

Besides the huge transfer fees involved for either player, imagine what their wage demands will be like. It’s a definite NO!

2 Likes

You are dead right I forgot about him but Chelski will discover Nkunku is a right sick note

1 Like

We have just saved the combined wages of Ox, Keita, Firmino and Milner. We could easily afford to pay one of Valverde or Tchouameni, even after signing Mac Allister and Szoboszlai.

Tchouameni

Szoboszlai Mac Allister

As our midfield? Yes please.

8 Likes

Offload Thiago and Tchouameni can easily come in.

3 Likes

And I’d rather FSG spend a bit more in one transfer window knowing that we won’t need major overhauls to the squad later. The midfield still feels half done. One CDM signing would complete this. This is in addition to the CB signing that we need more as a priority though.

We’re not so bad w.r.t FFP etc that we can’t do it all in one transfer window.

5 Likes

If Tchouameni wanted to play for us he would have been here already. He chose RM over us so I’d look elsewhere.

8 Likes

Salah chose Chelsea over us once upon a time.

10 Likes

All for giving most people a second chance.

1 Like

We all make mistakes

1 Like