The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Speak for yourself :wink:

He cost us a CL spot so we need to take at least 50m off the fee so 30m would be acceptable.

There is often conflicting information, but Im pretty sure it has been established that we never got far enough along with negotiations with Basel to give anything for Mo to decide - we were still way under their valuation when Chelsea came in and wrapped it up.

7 Likes

Mou didn’t want us to land Mo so he decided to overpay.

Would you really consider signing Valverde or Tchouameni in order to help Real raise funds for Mbappe.

I wouldn’t out of spite, they knock us out of Europe, and we as most clubs, would be interested in Mbappe even though I don’t see it happening.

I wouldn’t be helping Real personally

1 Like

I don’t worry about who other teams sign, I only worry about who we sign.
Plus, I am 100% confident Madrid will not be knocking us out of the Europa League this season. Although, I must admit I am guilty of being over confident at times….

3 Likes

I see us as instant favourites. Even when champions league teams drop in, they won’t want us.

Regarding who other teams sign, I’m not bothered either. Though I wouldn’t want to help them out, directly or indirectly

6 Likes

Please Liverpool buy this lad now while we can still afford him he is very very good!

Let’s bring him home babyyyyyyyy!!!

1 Like

We could but we could also do that, over leverage and get more bodies in than necessary, something goes wrong i.e. injury or player not up to expectation, then we would have spend ahead what we could use to correct any wrongs later on. Of course its a catch 22 situation, like you say, if we could have a very good opportunity to get a very good player in, its indeed a decision for the club to make whether to go for it or not.

3 Likes

Feels a bit like a waiting game now. If rumours are to be believed then we want a CB and another CM possibly.

Van De Ven is perhaps the one we’ve been most heavily linked with but that seems to have gone quiet with Spurs looking more likely than us right now.

The Lavia links persist but that price is perhaps stalling us making a move. All the other midfield links seem to have dried up since Szboz signed.

Are we waiting for some dominos to fall? A squad player or two to move on to firm up our next priority. Maybe Phillips going accelerates the CB move but with him still here that’s our safety net option should we need to fork out more on a midfielder than we need. A Thiago move could accelerate our move for a midfielder but if we can’t shift one on from that current group we’re happy to go with what we have rather than trying to make what’s left of the budget stretch to another midfielder this summer.

Just feels like we’re waiting on something to happen rather than pushing ahead with that next move. All the talk of the U21 Euros possibly being a blocker looks to have been unfounded, unless we’re all in on Colwill which seems very risky given Chelsea won’t want to let him go.

Saying that, I don’t think any midfielder or centre back coming in at the moment would be someone we’d be looking to start day one so them coming into pre-season late isn’t as concerning.

At least we have pre-season to keep us entertained but I’d feel a lot more comfortable with one more through the door. If that ended up being all our incomings then it’d feel like we’re set nice and early. Maybe one more late on would be a nice bonus.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/anythinglfc_/status/1678120565645758465?s=61&t=CHnRQ3uRWoyAgq-tzUnftA

Yeah ever since man city changed their passwords :crazy_face:

1 Like

It may be that if the Mbappe deal happens Tchoumeni (sp?) or Valverde become available. We wouldn’t be the only club interested in them. Then there’s Arsenal and Chelsea about to spend around 100m each on midfielders. Maybe everyone is waiting to see who makes the first move.

2 Likes

That Rice to Arsenal transfer has been going on longer than the mother in law.

2 Likes

It was always bollocks.

I assume like the Dominik signing some things need to come into play what that is is anyones guess.

3 Likes

Yeah that Rice transfer has been ‘simmering’ for quite a while :0)

2 Likes

They’ll probably have to curry favour first.

the eye flames GIF

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, Loic Tanzi is a reliable source when it comes to French football clubs. I’m not sure how he’d know about Stevie’s intentions to bring Hendo over to Saudi Arabia but I’ve posted the link for what’s it worth - and for future reference on Mr. Tanzi.

4 Likes