The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

If Trent steps into the middle I fail to see where Hendo and Thiago fit into the system so moving 1 on would be sensible.

2 Likes

Schuurle you must be joking

Problem is I donā€™t think Hendo accept to leave. He deserves proper farewell though. Thiago is more valuable but I think itā€™s easier to let him go.

But Trent isnā€™t moving into the middle unless we buy another right back and as far as im aware there have been absolutely zero links or suggestions of that being the intention, this summer at least. If anything weā€™re less right back options now than we did last season with Milner gone and us happy to loan out Ramsey.

Nominally Trent is still the right back in a back four. Weā€™ve still be playing with three midfielders in front of him albeit roles have changed. If either of those two left weā€™d surely be recruiting another midfielder, not a right back to allow Trent to move further forward permanently.

1 Like

Thiago plays next to Trent is suite him more number 8 in 433. He plays in double pivot most of his career.

Trent will be in the middle.

But would you actually? Ā£500k per week tax free for 2 years? Sets you and your family up for life.

Yes, when weā€™re attacking heā€™ll hang about more in the middle but along with three midfielders weā€™ll also be playing.

When weā€™re defending heā€™ll be on the right and quite far back, some might even describe it as right back.

So he isnā€™t a midfielder. Hasnā€™t been throughout that last run of games at the end of the season, hence the reason weā€™re not shopping for another right back so he can play in the middle even more. Heā€™s a right back who when we attack plays inside rather than the traditional overlapping type. But heā€™s still playing right back not in midfield.

4 Likes

I donā€™t want hendo to go. He is older now, but some loyalty to him would be nice. Heā€™s given a lot - and fought back despite being written off by critics (and some fans).

Heā€™s the captain and gives so much to the team beyond running around. Heā€™s an England international - still has great value and contributes on the pitch. Heā€™s obviously not the player he has been, but he still has value to a team that is huge on mentality and morale.

I watched the inside pre-season videos too and heā€™s in amazing condition - apparently heā€™s switched to a boxing regime and itā€™s paying off.

If he chooses to leave, then fair enough. Iā€™d prefer he see out his playing years at the club, but if he goes, hopefully thereā€™s good money in it for the club.

1 Like

Did you skip the bit about already having a ā€œvast fortuneā€?

1 Like

Look at you, acting like Ā£5m a year for a decade would have already put you in a financially secure position for life.

1 Like

Vast?

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Donā€™t think anyone is questioning what Hendo brings/has brought to the team.
But great teams progressā€¦
Hughes, Case, Smith, Rush, Barnes, Gerrardā€¦all moved on when their time came up. Hendo will as well.
Its not disloyal to recognise that time catches up.

2 Likes

Yup itā€™s a system change itā€™s not a formation change.

2 Likes

As for Henderson I hope he doesnā€™t and it doesnā€™t matter a jot if he builds a new hospital or funds a food bank.

Until you know someone physically wants you removed from society because of some biological difference that was thrown up when you were born you havenā€™t a fucking clue how nasty these regimes are.

Frankly bored of the ā€œwhat if he gives to charityā€, I can list about 10 examples of people who did that but were also sick and nasty.

5 Likes

Yes.

plus heā€™d want to put his hands on a couple more trophies before he leaves

1 Like

Didnā€™t realise I posted in the Links Only thread but anywayā€¦

RE: Gabri Veiga

Heā€™s got some talent but his goal scoring record last season hides some real flaws to his game - namely that he is an absolute liability doing anything except running at defenders. He is an exceptional dribbler but he is a very, very, very poor passer. Even simple short yardage, none progressive passing is terrible. He also isnā€™t trying difficult passes often, which is a viable excuse for many attacking players, heā€™s simply giving the ball away in poor situations.

Even in his highlights packages, itā€™s all the same clips - running at or running in behind defenders. Scored a lot of goals last season but thatā€™s not true of his entire career so far so that could, probably is, just be a purple patch.

You canā€™t play CM in the PL with his skillset. Maybe you can get away with being a pure 10, most likely youā€™d have to be a winger. We have no need of Veiga and I have a suspicion we wonā€™t hear very much of him again.

He reminds me of Jese.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/JacobSteinberg/status/1675907042597273601?t=YpU7YQPa1zZDxbgcbg72YQ&s=19

good he was crap against England in the U21s

Heā€™s got some talent but his goal scoring record last season hides some real flaws to his game - namely that he is an absolute liability doing anything except running at defenders. He is an exceptional dribbler but he is a very, very, very poor passer. Even simple short yardage, none progressive passing is terrible. He also isnā€™t trying difficult passes often, which is a viable excuse for many attacking players, heā€™s simply giving the ball away in poor situations.

Even in his highlights packages, itā€™s all the same clips - running at or running in behind defenders. Scored a lot of goals last season but thatā€™s not true of his entire career so far so that could, probably is, just be a purple patch.

You canā€™t play CM in the PL with his skillset. Maybe you can get away with being a pure 10, most likely youā€™d have to be a winger. We have no need of Veiga and I have a suspicion we wonā€™t hear very much of him again.

He reminds me of Jese.

3 Likes