The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I hope we can still bring a defender in, regardless what else happens.

But the prospect of ideally (as reports suggest) getting a midfielder and defender might depend on our remaining outgoings, how much can we raise from those sales.

And most people are fans of the clubs, unlike the very recent phenomena of Messi/Ronaldo fanboys. Players come and go. Clubs stay, even the shithole clubs like Everton and Man City

if rumours of phillips going to leeds are true and then if hendo goes for maybe for about 30-40 million (probably talking out of my ass), then we have 50 million lol

1 Like

Sad to see the general glee (not specifically on here) to the news Henderson might be off just because people think that means we might buy some pretty untested kid in his place.

People can like it or not but heā€™s been central to this period of success. Klopp clearly loves him and what he brings and so to celebrate his possible departure leaves a bitter taste, especially with the rumours of where he might be heading too.

11 Likes

I think if we want Lavia either Hendo or Thiago have to move on first.

2 Likes

as per my above post ā€¦

(https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/1f7e2.svg ā€œGreen circleā€)) NEW: Klopp would ideally add another midfielder to his ranks ā€“ Southamptonā€™s Romeo Lavia ā€“ but his Ā£50 million valuation is too high and there would need to be further outgoings. It is illogical from a practical and financial perspective for Klopp to retain nine midfielders in his squad, especially as Trent Alexander-Arnold is now occupying a hybrid role. [

@_ChrisBascombe

FFS, this is all we need. I know a lot of people love putting Henderson down but heā€™s a boss leader and a top player. I hope he stays and doesnā€™t leave for that shit stain of a league.

2 Likes

I get theyā€™d need to be at least 1 moving on but if Soton ainā€™t budging on that laughable valuation then what are we sticking around for?

No idea if true butā€¦

@JoshLFC1909

So Jordan Henderson has now been offered a minimum Ā£30m tax free contract from Al-Ettifaq potentially rising to Ā£45m. From what Iā€™ve seen with other deals they also cover all living expenses ect. Itā€™s a monster offer, no wonder his family are considering it.

2 Likes

yep!! two years left on his contract and STILL an english international

he staysā€¦

@JacobsBen

Exclusive: Jordan Henderson will NOT join Steven Gerrard at Al-Ettifaq. Understand Henderson is focused on Liverpool despite the interest and feels staying at Anfield is also best for his Euro 2024 chances.

5 Likes

Who does Ben Jacobs write for? Is he reliable?

thats doneā€¦

Image of There. Now we can be friends again.

1 Like

Anyone has info on Colwill. How is he compared to our CBs? Where would he rank in the pecking order if you ignored foot preference, just based on quality?

Bit of a cheeky comment considering he was responding to your comment.

Great if trueā€¦Id like to see Thiago moved on if it means Lavia comes in.

looks like he doesnā€™t wanna move either

1 Like

My little suspicion is that a fresh Henderson and Thiago with likely a fraction of the game time that they have been forced to play over recent years are almost guaranteed to provide more to the first team next season than a 19yo from Southampton.

4 Likes

Sound like club want to cash in one of Thiago / Henderson for Lavia.

Makes a lot of sense.

I think Henderson has had a bit of an easy ride in these discussions about us moving forward. He was truly abysmal last season as a footballer, finding an upgrade would be easy. How much do we expect a 33 year old, whose biggest asset has always been his athleticism, to improve?

Seems like a lot of our fans think Hendersonā€™s leadership is irreplaceable, which I think is a bit mental really.

Move on if the chance is there, give others more responsibility.

5 Likes