The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Whoa-oh
Whoa-oh
Whoa-oh
We’ve got the fastest-disappearing midfield in the world

6 Likes

On and off the pitch!

2 Likes

Caicedo will be around 100m.

Tchouameni cost RM 80m (?) They aren’t going to want anything less.

Neither seems realistic to me.

4 Likes

If we sold both, I wouldn’t be surprised if we put in a bid for Ward-Prouse. That’s a lot of PL experience we’d be losing.

We need to sign a leader after losing Milner and probably Henderson. Someone similar to Souness.

Just when you think can’t go lower

Go Away GIF

Will Hughes also.

If we are looking at that level of PL experience I’d bring Jonny Evans in on free.

The confusing thing for me here is that prior to today there were still people saying we needed one, maybe even two more midfielders to replace those that had left already.

If we lost Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago does that mean we’ve got to sign five new midfielders in addition to the two that have already arrived? I know we wanted a midfield reboot but literally an entire new unit might be a bit much.

If this had happened yesterday, we could’ve signed Ashley Young!! :woozy_face:

I assume most people thought they were shot.

We probably need one anyhow but I don’t think that much changes with Hendo, we need two if Fabinho is off.

Tom Huddlestone still plays for United’s reserves.

Imagine our build up from deep with him at #6.

1 Like

Shame Leicester bought Harry Winks.

Isn’t Tom Davies a free agent?

1 Like

Not exactly. Hendo we have already replaced by Szoboszlai. This is probably the main reason Hendo will decide to go. He’ll have to compete with both Dom and Elliot, or play as a cover for Fabinho (assuming we wouldn’t have bought somebody like Lavia anyway).

Thiago in a sense we have replaced with Mac. Its not like for like, but if you assume we start with a 4-3-3 before morphing into something else, then Mac is the left side of that 3.

Fab is the one I and some other posters here have been fervently hoping for us to replace, or at least find cover for. If even one of Hendo or Fab goes, I think we almost certainly go for that Fab successor player.

If both go, I think thats just good news for our youngsters. Morton especially might not get sent out on loan again.

Only if all 3 go (Fab, Hendo & Thiago) can I see us buying 2 more midfielders. I think thats a long shot, but so did I think was Hendo going to Saudi.

If Hendo and Fabs both go, could see it really facilitate Trent making a permanent move into midfield.

We’d need either 2 more MF, or a new 6 plus a RB.

We’d also be getting pretty light in senior home grown players. The likes of Lavia and Colwill would still be registered as youth.

I think that Paddy Power Tweet nailed it. After their superlative efforts last season it’s little wonder that moneybags clubs have come calling for Fab, Hendo and Thiago. It’s a miracle that we’ve been able to keep hold of them until now really.

Seriously though, the sum total raised by those three leaving might just equal Soton’s valuation of some 19 year old. I think we better hope that we’ve got new investors about to make a grand entrance by stumping up the cash for Touchameni, Lavia and Colwill.

1 Like

Can’t see us making Lavia the number 1 in the position Fabinho finished the season. Nor can I see us attempting to rely on Thiago. So is Mac Allister going to play deeper? If both our lads go it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Trent in his role, Mac in Fab’s, Curtis starting where he was with big Dom on the right. Even if Lavia comes in.

2 Likes

Yep, that’ll be the formation.

Jones - Szobo
Mac - TAA

2 Likes