The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

If only they had chimneys over there…

1 Like

He won’t struggle to find people willing to do that for him over there.

I know it’s boring to post about the previous lack of investment in the midfield, be it FSG’s fault or whoever else, but if both Hendo and Fab leave we’re really going to pay the price for our previous lack of investment in the midfield.

Would’ve been no different few years down the line once they both left for nothing. Hendo and Fab leaving would give me great optimism for the future. Timing is everything and a successful club, a continuous successful club will always see when that time is. Salah and Virgil’s time is coming next, big big calls for the club to decide on.

2 Likes

But if we’d have bought a 20-25 year old midfielder in each of the last couple of years we’d have lads in place to step up and wouldn’t be reliant now, hypothetically, on brand new signings midway through preseason.

midway? fuckin hell, 14 lads just showed up two days ago.

2 Likes

So how are the many posters demanding we get rid of our atrocious midfield feeling today?

1 Like

great. it’s just football. no fucks given about it, really.

2 Likes

Oh Baby GIF - Oh Baby Austin Powers GIFs|833x373.9244444444444

For people who wanted a full midfield revamp , they are actually going to get it.

2 Likes

Klopp going full guillotine.

If it works, it works.

If it doesn’t, good luck to a new head coach.

:joy:

1 Like

I think Klopp realised how bad you can be and still almost qualify for the CL.

I was surprised to be fair too, in the season when we did it previously we had done so well up to Xmas.

I remember bar the last 8 games no more than 2-3 games of solid form.

Thiago was a luxury bit part player last season, always injured. Fabinho was poor, injured and slow, however towards the end of the season picked up. Henderson was also not an actual must have starter last season with many on here calling for him to be moved on. Father Time comes quickly in the PL, to quickly, to the point the Managers need to be bordering on ruthless. It’s a money making machine that we still call our local team.

1 Like

Dying to know what Barca would offer.

10 beans?

So, everyone?

NEW: Wolves are targeting Caoimhin Kelleher, with Liverpool valuing the goalkeeper at around £20m. [Simon Jones - @MailSport]

2 Likes

So Henderson looks to leave for 700k wages per week. Can’t blame him, makes a lot of sense financially.

Fabinho offer in for 40m. Again we probably need to accept this offer, maybe haggle it up to 50m.

As for Nat Phillips, we probably get 10m for him?

So if Henderson is 20, Fabinho 50, and Phillips 10, that gives us 80m to play with in the summer transfer window.

We can get in two players. Lavia and a left footed centerback I think will be the targets.

The other option is to skip Lavia but go for an experienced #6 in the 22-26 age range who could step in and start from day 1. Who fits that profile? Could we shopping again for another midfielder in the Bundesliga because of Schmadtke’s familiarity with those players? Remember we just snagged Szoboszlai from RB Leipzig!

Get the money up front, or don’t do the deal/s. No track record to speak of, so get the money.

1 Like

Fair price

Declan Rice?