The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I really don’t think there’s any chance that Real are going to be selling Tchoumeni, but if they did and we could get him here, he’s a potential game changer for us. Can’t say I’m that excited by any of the other names.

1 Like

Ancelotti wanted him so they got him to put on the bench - Then they brought in Bellingham - Ancelotti is leaving at the end of the season so RM will already be planning beyond him and his past choices - Jurgen seems to be a big admirer of Tchouameni… watch this space is what I would say

4 Likes

Indeed. Kind of like a super talented Craig Johnston.:wink:

I know.

Rare statement of truth in this thread.

You need Saudi level riches to afford one.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1680155713694314496?s=20

Pretty strong indication that this one is going ahead.

If true it’s a great fee considering his drop off and hopefully means we’ve learned our lesson about holding in to players too long when signs of decline are showing.

Think that means we can probably play hardball on the Henderson transfer now. Pay the fee we want up front in full or he stays. Meanwhile we go off and get Lavia and are now more comfortable paying the kind of fee they want. If Henderson then goes then maybe we look for a shorter term but more experienced midfield type who could do a job at DM to bring in alongside Lavia and then assess our needs once Thiago goes next summer.

Of course if some Saudi club comes for Thiago this summer too then who knows what happens.

2 Likes

From Pearce’s article:

However, Fiorentina’s Sofyan Amrabat, Bayern Munich’s Ryan Gravenberch and Manchester City’s Kalvin Phillips are among those under consideration, along with Lavia.

Surely not?!

Smokescreen …JWP incoming :thinking:

Yeah odd list there to be honest.

It’s Pearce, he is hardly better than Lusby :grin:

2 Likes

All the patch journos have the exact same list of names.

Definitely suspicious. Would be surprised if we bought any of them besides Lavia.

He started pretty much every game last season until the world cup and made himself a key player. He struggled with injuries after coming back from the world cup though and so was far less involved, but that is the only explanation for his lack of appearances in the second half of the season. Notably, a period in which Real’s form was far more patchy than when he was playing every game.

3 Likes

I am hoping we buy a Brazilian no 6 and Brazilian CH to replace Allison’s best friends otherwise I am afraid he might leave too?

Alisson doesn’t need friends. He’s found God.

3 Likes

He’s got his own goalkeeping coach in Taf, in fact that was a great decision by the club.

He’s the Christ himself, look at his beard. As long as he keeps missing the cross, we’re good.

I’d rather he caught them, personally.

2 Likes

The singular is important here, he can catch crosses but not THE cross.

Its possible to make friends with people who were not born in the same country

1 Like