The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I am fully on board with the AFCON argument, now that it’s all laid out. Up to three Prem games missed, every two years, assuming the tourney is held during the Prem season? (And next time it’s in summer anyway).

That’s not a decisive enough factor to move the needle from going for player A over player B. Basically, we should continue to go for the player we prefer, regardless of AFCON.

1 Like

Moving the Nkunku stuff into here…

Will we finally go to a 4231 when we transition away from Mane, Salah and Firmino?

Diaz looks like the perfect player for the left in that formation. Jota can be the poacher at the top. A player like Nkunku as the 10 then relieves some of the goalscoring duties of the front 3. Carvalho is also made for that role and Elliot looks a natural fit too.

The other aspect is our midfielders. Playing as an 8 does Henderson no favours anymore. Fabinho gets found out at the top level as the single pivot and would look better with a man next to him. And for Thiago that’s also a natural progression as he ages. Jones has looked good in the 2 a few times as well, not to mention our pursuit of Tchouameni.

6 Likes

Any more news on him going/not going to Madrid ?

2 Likes

Don’t think so.

Quotes today that we aren’t out of the race from the chancer Romano. Call me a cynic but he knows LFC is good for clicks and traffic so keeping our name in the hunt is good for his profile…

4 Likes

I know he’s been shite for Chelsea but I wonder if we might look at Werner again? Can play as a winger or striker if thats what we want in a replacement for Mane and I think they would have no issue selling him to us.

Is he better than Taki at this point?

2 Likes

We obviously saw something in him. Link him back up with Naby Lad as well.

Also, ‘Moneyball’.

The Office No GIF

3 Likes

I reckon Jurgen could get more out of Pulisic than Chelsea have done to date.

9 Likes

At this point, I don’t think he would qualify as a ‘Moneyball’ signing.

1 Like

Gone in the bin already…

1 Like

I really don’t want to invest in someone who seems to be hurt so often if we can help it. Same reason why I hope nothing comes out of the Ousmane Dembele rumours.

That’s fair enough but you’re forgetting the caffeine and inhalers…

Oh you don’t believe Klopp shares his shortlist with te Mirror … :innocent: :smiley:

2 Likes

high quality toby GIF

4 Likes

But Naby won’t be getting a game once we’ve signed Bellingham, Tchouameni and Gavi.

1 Like

Well he is safe then …

1 Like

What Nkunku stuff…? :eyes: