The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

You pluralist you.

ā€œHuge bidā€ was what I saw from Romano

He will probably go eventually we just canā€™t lose him now. Itā€™s too late this summer our attack might be stocked but the next one in on that side is Doak.

And the money is still shit at 52m.

Would have considered a Ā£150m bid at the start of the window. Now that would be Ā£250m.

4 Likes

Iā€™d have considered that at the beginning.

Wouldnā€™t consider anything now, theyā€™d all behave like Soton.

Apparently, Salahā€™s worth is approximately Laviaā€™s. Who the hell comes up with these valuations, are they insane?

2 Likes

Yes.

Itā€™s a bizarre world we live in, where potential is valued more than achievement.

1 Like

Not insane, just stupid. We live in a society that incorrectly equates wealth with intelligence.

These billionaires and despots would be the regular morons you meet everyday had they not had the fortune of birth.

8 Likes

They donā€™t want to pay European clubs huge fees for players if they can avoid it. They tempt the players by offering them ridiculous contracts in the hopes it turns their heads and they push for a move (looking at you Jordan Henderson).

They would rather give the money to the player than enrich European clubs further.

5 Likes

Southampton.

This. Al Sandio can fuck off if they think they can just buy players from us at the end of our window; let alone key players; let alone with insulting offers. Itā€™s beyond disrespectful and they need to be sent a message. I hope we FedEx them a carpet with a picture of MBS inside

2 Likes

I hope Mo doesnā€™t go to Saudi. Heā€™s probably the one guy the Arabs want. Being an ethnic Arab and all.

He will eventually. Probably next summer. I hope weā€™re better prepared than were this window.

1 Like

I think so too but will be a right slap if Salah decides to not go.

I remember coming across a video of an Egyptian just after we signed Salah & he mentioned that Salah is loved by all Egyptians because he never played for the 2 biggest/famous clubs in Egypt, Al Ahly & Zamalek. He had an opportunity but turned them down. So kind of says it all about him really. He doesnā€™t go to the highest bidder.

4 Likes

Mo definitely wonā€™t go this season. He has more to achieve at Liverpool. The issue will be next summer. Assuming we get back to the CL, will he want one more crack at that?

If he is to go to the Saudis at some point, I could understand it. As they try to make a relevant league, they will be drawn to the profile of the player. In terms of cross cultural fit, Mo has the same religion, and is also Arab, Egyptian though, so not exactly the same, but similar.

Anyway, definitely not this season, but next summer maybe. But definitely not for a lowball fee like we just saw offered.

In the meantime, I thought I read a report somewhere recently that we might buy Veiga and loan him back? Lowish fee, but would help the player to keep growing and developing before joining. That sort of a move might be how we plan for life after Mo. Or arguably Doak steps up, and so far he has done everything he possibly can, or maybe Szoboszlai plays a bit wider? Or maybe something completely different again!

Anyway, get a midfielder asap! We are vulnerable to dropping early season points, more than we otherwise might, without plugging this gap.

1 Like

I think heā€™d want to see off his major playing career at Liverpool. No other major club would give him what heā€™s getting at Liverpool. (Not the salary bit although he is earning quite a bit here). Why go for a Barca/real when heā€™s the main player at Liverpool.

And Iā€™ve seen this , Salah is the root for the underdog guy. He probably is a fan of LFC and that plays a huge factor in his way of thinking as well. Not that Liverpool is an underdog

1 Like

And Salahs failed move to Chelsea (not his fault) will hopefully play a part into his next career decision.

People often underestimate how influential Mo is. Heā€™s the quintessential muslim football player. Not Mane , not Zidane , not Benzema.

Heā€™s an Arab whoā€™s reached the highest peak of football.

1 Like

Doak probably is a better prospect than Veiga. I do think heā€™ll be getting increased games this season. Partly the reason we didnā€™t reinforce right wing that much.

1 Like

And still is a great and likeable person. Not many great players can claim to be that.

4 Likes

I will be keeping an eye on Doak, as he has done everything asked of him so far. What I will be watching for is whether or not his pace, turn, strength, and low center of gravity will be enough against men. Experienced pros, who are good players.

When Michael Owen came in, even as a boy it was clear to see that seasoned defenders couldnā€™t get near him.

Iā€™m not expecting the same level from Doak, but if he is to make the grade, he will need to cause them problems, and not buzz around like some young players do, without really hurting the opposition.

3 Likes