The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Nah he’s a centre back… not interested in them.

Is there a direct link as I can’t be arsed reading the Caciedo stuff.

If its as long as the new Caicedo bid season will be over.

He’s definitely going to Chelsea then.

Well technically its “Since we’re derailing” as the last sentence.

1 Like

I like it…sounds a bit more formal and polished.

Like myself…

Is that a full polish (body mop) or partial?

Never heard of that Jimmy McCann fellow in the social media thread - the one saying we’ve made a move for Palhinha - so I clicked on his twitter and it appears he’s just another random nobody ITK. I’m not on twitter so it shows his tweets in order of interactions, not timeline, and all of them are Arsenal transfers that did not happen.

Palhinha doesn’t make sense to me, would be a regressive move.

4 Likes

Basically it’s pick a DM name.

I’d go after Tyler Adams before him.

Okay look. As distasteful and rule breaking those Chelsea assholes are…they did approach Caicedo first and were negotiating for the longest time.

If it was something like with Diaz where Spurs were keen but had done nothing concrete and we stole the march on them then fine and kudos.

This was always going to be a long shot.

I hope we do have other dm irons in the fire. If we were so unwilling to pay 50M for Lavia, I don’t understand why we’d pony up 55M straightaway now.

Again it could be structure. There is a difference say 40mil up front and 5mil in easy add ons or 35mil up front and 20mil in various add ons of varying difficulties to achieve.

1 Like

Liverpool , Bayern Munich and Paris St-Germain are interested in PSV Eindhoven’s £32m-rated 25-year-old defensive midfielder Ibrahim Sangare. PSV rejected an offer from Nottingham Forest this summer. (ESPN Netherlands - in Dutch)

Anyone seen him play ten games or more? I can think of somebody who probably has.

1 Like

Didn’t psg buy that Uruguayan lad who is a dm?

Dutch?

I think he said he was shit elsewhere.

Interesting to see how many more names get a start before they surprise us all and pull off a signing.
But who??

1 Like

Haven’t several posters like @Dutch and @Sweeting said that he’s not up to standard for us?

Ugarte…yes

1 Like

Seen a few tenuous links to the guy from Real who turned us down last season.

We need to do something and quick. Far too easy to walk through our midfield and create chances against us.

Tchouameni would be my dream signing, but it ain’t gonna happen.

Madrid don’t want to sell, and the player doesn’t want to join us.

5 Likes

If they’re open to offers for any of the midfield, it’s probably Valverde, given his poor form in the second half of last season.

He seems well liked by the club and the supporters, and that poor form seemed to coincide with the aggro he had with Álex Baena, so I imagine the club will want to try to work through it with him, but if they’re looking to raise cash for any potential future purchases, they might be tempted by a decent offer.

Ah but hell, in this brave new world of LFC negotiating, let’s throw a bid in. He ticks all the current boxes. They don’t want to sell. He doesn’t want to leave and he doesn’t want to play for us. Win win this one.

2 Likes