The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Might depend on where the money for Diaz was allocated from, was that from existing funds or in anticipation of sales this summer?

2 Likes

Pathetic.

Did you miss a decmial point in Daviesā€™ valuation? :grimacing:

5 Likes

Oops was meant to be Ā£5mil.

1 Like

Yeah depends if Diaz was our normal summer signing or was funds available.

Though FSG have always said that money is available and if Klopp wanted to make 2-3 signings I think they would back him against future windows.

3 Likes

Hmm, seems we are done with mirrors, for now :grin:

On the more mundane topic of transfer window, hereā€™s a link

1 Like

Honestly this doesnā€™t surprise me. Good on the lad for knowing what he wants.

I have to he honest, Raphina has always struck me as mentally weak. My perception of him (and his teammate Rodrigo Moreno) is that they are absolute coaching nightmares. Selfish players with an overinflated ego and play how they want to play regardless of instruction. Not saying they cannot mature, but Iā€™ll pass.

4 Likes

This report comes from Barcelonaā€™s mouthpiece, so Iā€™ll take it with a pinch of salt. I donā€™t doubt in the slightest that he wants to join them but I highly doubt that Liverpool ever were in for him. I loved watching him and Saint-Maximin play last season but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d take either (though ASMā€™s sense of humour sits so well with me).

3 Likes

Find it hard to take anything said about Barca seriously these days. They still need to reduce their wage bill so they can register Kessie and Christensen. And thatā€™s even after Coutinho and Dembele are off the books.

They need a new deal for Gavi and most of the deadwood will be hard to shift with some of the older players in no hurry to go anywhere either.

Now weā€™re hearing theyā€™re after Di Maria in addition to Lewandoski, who Bayern want a hefty fee for. And yet theyā€™re going to have the money to sign Raphinha?

1 Like

I thought Coutinho was just a 6mo loan

Was a loan but been made a permanent deal for just Ā£17m with him taking a whopping 70% pay cut.

Ā£24m off the Barca wage bill but theyā€™re only able to spend something like 25% of any savings they do make in order to bring themselves in line with regulations.

1 Like

Yeah someone on the Spanish game yesterday was taking the piss about how many players Barca were linked too.

2 Likes

Not the big CM signing weā€™re waiting on or a Mane replacement lined up but an actual rumour that sounds like it could be moving along soon.

7 Likes

Surprised at the number of journalists getting his surname wrong, itā€™s Ramsay.

By the way, just realized that Bradley is still on a contract until 2023. If transfermarkt arenā€™t wrong (wouldnā€™t be the first time with contract informations).

2 Likes

Ramsay Bolton GIF by Game of Thrones

1 Like

Bradley signed a long term contract in 2021 which extended him past 2023, his original contract expiry date.

4 Likes

once this is all over and this rumour becomes a thing of the pastā€¦will he become Ramsaid?

Keita renewal and ox exit - Joyce

6 Likes

We should cash in on Diazā€™s increased value before he leaves on a free.

2 Likes

Yeah letā€™s sell the entire squad. The money should fill enough brown envelopes to win us a PL or two.

1 Like