The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

No idea whether Football Insider is a click bait site or not, so tossing the article in the unreliable topic.

3 Likes

Just came here to say that we need a thread for Calvin Ramsay.

Canā€™t see it reaching 140 posts in a morning

5 Likes

The lad is being underrated even before he is signed :laughing:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s usually a good indication that heā€™ll be a success

1 Like

Yeah remember that ā€œwelcome Andy Robertsonā€ thread.

2 Likes

Sadly heā€™s still being underrated even today!

4 Likes

Yeah I saw that end product post before

1 Like

Well a young backup lad for TAA, yeah I not extremely curious who he is.

3 Likes

Why is this in the unreliable thread? Open the Bellingham thread, Indy has spoken!

4 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/thejamessutton/status/1534274039161802753?cxt=HHwWgsC-xYKH68oqAAAA

More insight from the TAW crew.

I was seriously triggered by this tweet.

3 Likes

Well a lot of talk last summer was how 2022 was when weā€™d spend a bit. Maybe we really are looking at Bellingham this summer after missing out on Tchouameni.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always believed Klopp would be given funds if he felt they needed them.

I never think it was a fast and hard rule that he got given what we made, this might mean we spend nothing next summer but if we were to make the three signings outlined with outgoings then we could probably go without or consider any free agents to bolster the ranks if they become available.

They backed Rodgers a lot and spent a lot on very little. They also spent a lot during the Dalglish tenure.

Our net spend has always been rather low yes wages come into it but Covid wonā€™t flare up in my view so you could probably back yourself to spend.

Maybe some of it was also included in the contract talks, this isnā€™t FSG basically giving free reign. Itā€™s acknowledging a rebuilding, if the Bellingham deal can be done then I can see it happening.

5 Likes

I took it to mean that neither needs the other, but both might benefit from working together.

Is that not what he meant? :see_no_evil:

1 Like

How that podcast continues to win awards I am not sure.

It wins awards because itā€™s brilliant. There isnā€™t any fan media better in my opinion, and it absolutely pisses all over supposed ā€˜professionalā€™ insight from the big players.

Iā€™ve got a lot of respect for lots of contributors. A few of them piss me off, but mostly they are decent.

Just recently, Dan Austin should be given a medal for the work heā€™s doing on the French Debarcle.

7 Likes

Think this is accurate, Klopp isnt a spend for spendings sake type of manager, he buys what he needs and far as I can tell they have given him what he wants even during the uncertainty of the Pandemic we bought Thiago and Jota even when players we thought would attract fees on ended up on loan and revenues where well down.

Weā€™ve enjoyed amazing success the last few years without really spending mega bucks, certainly compared to our rivals, It wouldnt surprise me to see us go big this summer given the age profile of our current stars and set ourselves up for the next generation while supplementing an already very capable squad.

4 Likes

It wouldnā€™t surprise me if we try and get Bellingham done this summer after missing out on Tchouameni. Iā€™d rather get a first choice signing than a back up like Sangare and it lets us scout the other names on the list of DMs we looked at for another season.

1 Like

I think Thiago was probably the most Klopp pick/funding exception FSG has made. Our model says buy much younger, and we kind of needed a CB, but I think Klopp was really a fan of Thiago and wanted him. The deal got done, and sure, the whole CB thing kind of blew up on us, but Thiago showed this season why it was still a good decision for the team.

2 Likes