The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

We want a £100m player!

FSG out!

Emotion Reaction GIF

3 Likes

Diaz was also apparently being considered last summer but the asking price was higher than we wanted/were able to pay, which if true means that I’m not entirely sure whether the funds for the move came from monies already available last summer or brought forward from this summer’s funds.

1 Like

We have a lot of midfielders on our books though, and the number might have only increased with Carvalho (who I think will play in the mid), and possibly a modified role for Firmino also as an attacking mid which we saw him perform last season coming of the bench number of times. Can’t see us going for anyone else unless we are offloading Ox and/or Naby.

Even then I’d prefer if we targetted cover for Fabinho first. Hendo and Milly can play there but both of them are not naturally defensive. I actually have been surprised we’ve not been linked to many players in that position. Would be really curious to see what the plan is.

3 Likes

Im Not No Way GIF

5 Likes

I think we could target Bellingham financially, even now. We don’t have unlimited cash like a nation state, but we are so well run that we can make it happen, for a desirable target. If Bellingham came in this summer it would probably mean we wouldn’t spend much next summer - maybe one player, plus the usual smattering of talented kids. Mind you, we wouldn’t need to spend much under the circumstances, as we would be so well stocked throughout the squad.

It all boils down to what can be done with the player and his club. If there’s no way they will consider it now, then there’s not a lot we can do, apart from maybe try for some sort of advance deal. I suspect that’s what we are trying to do.

Couldv’e sworn we signed 2 other players?

Extremely disrespectful of you to have left them out.

In addition to Haaland, Dortmund have already lost Witsel on a free. Those are 3 really key players. They’ve made some interesting signings already (Haller, Adeyemi, Sule, some Turkish international midfielder) so even if not like for like they’re possibly set up to do it in terms of having the bodies, but losing Bellingham in the same summer as those two would represent a huge chunk out of the core of their side being missing.

Money does solve a lot of personnel problems, but if it wasn’t something they were planning on it might not be money that is the sticking point.

1 Like

17 for Taki and 16 for Neco is great business. A few loan fees and the Mane fee and will be prob net 10-20 mil to bring in one of the brightest prospects in world football.

Good window for the club we’ve refreshed the front line and secured the best of our existing crop of forwards on a new contract. If Bellingham somehow landed i’d be thinking it was Christmas in July

Roll on August 6th

It’s hard not to laugh at Dortmund putting it out that they can’t lose 2 key players in one summer. They have become the definition of unambitious and uncompetitive . What does it matter they’ve already moved on to the next group of young players that they aim to sell for profit while knowing their only ambition is to sell for massive profits and make sure they don’t miss out on Champions League.

6 Likes

I get from your posting history you have the intellectual capacity of a door knob, so I’ll keep it simple… It was a basic mathematical out/in flow of cash to show that with 3 outgoings we’ve cancelled our “record” fee for Nunez.

2 Likes

Yeah, around £30m without bonuses for these two is good business.

One came through the academy and the other was pretty cheap.

Both full internationals though.

Maybe, just maybe we could’ve waited another year with Neco for him to go through the World Cup and have a full season in the PL out on loan.

But I’m fine with these moves.

2 Likes

You’ve got me all wrong Draex, I just play the act of having as you put it the “intellectual capacity of a door knob.” :wink:

You’re the world’s best actor.

should be noted there are some pretty complex door knobs on the market too…some electronic security entrance sets…well, let me just say, if its between one of them and @SYBM on the TAN trivia night, its not a straight forward call

those in construction would know…

2 Likes

Agree would have been good to see him on loan for season in the epl but great fee and not alot of opportunity in our current team at RB for a while yet prob the right move for Neco now if he wants to play every week.

Great that we are finally getting some value back on the kids we develop for so long they would leave for free or next to nothing but weve really improved that aspect of our business the last few years.

It’s happening

Tired Bad Day GIF by BrownSugarApp

1 Like

we are signing a new coach driver?

1 Like

I thought he was gonna be a posing and goal celebrations coach.

he does that as well as drive a vehicle?

edit: hold on i thought we were signing the guy in the car and that preening fucker above was just a mistake

Red Card Football GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Lucky to avoid a red for sharing that obscenity

4 Likes