The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

The whiff is definitely strong in this one, but I’ll take it. The window is still young, we need it.

What, Antony or the whiff?

2 Likes

We need more than just Antony, we need…

6 Likes

Rings similar to Ronaldo to Citeh last summer. Selling club spread rumour of a major rival being interested to spur mancs into completing a deal

3 Likes

We’ll keep getting these links till we sign a cover for Salah. I think things like this could even be case of players being interested to join us, but the club doesn’t want them. Wasn’t Raphina also really interested to come here at one point?

In yesterday’s presser Jurgen again mentioned Elliot’s name in midfield options, so it doesn’t seem like he’s expected to be the future right winger (except maybe in cup games), so its again curious to see what strategy we have for that position. Maybe Saka next year?

1 Like

Quite obvious really… Milner.

4 Likes

The whiff :smile:

1 Like

Hopefully not then. Or ever.
Overated whiny little fuck.

Ah come on, Saka’s a great player and seems a decent lad. I could see him in our squad.

Anthony, on the other hand, looks and acts like a United or Spurs player

8 Likes

It’s interesting Klopps comments where he specifically says we won’t do any business unless a player comes and tells him they want to leave, which has happened yet… Now clearly others may interpt this in other ways but I’ve got a gut feeling this is in reference to Oxlade being the subject of enquiries but nothing formal yet… And if we agree a deal we’ll go to market for a midfielder - Someone like Laimer, Nunez, Sucic…

Interestingly I’d be seeing if Villa want to swap Ox for Chukwuemeka whose been left out of their tour as he wont sign a new contract.

Chukwuemeka this summer and Bellingham next summer would be fucking tasty!

9 Likes

Options is the key word here, I don’t think Klopp can now predict that Elliott’s future will only be in midfield and that’s it. Or that he will be at Liverpool for x years. That’s where he’ll mainly be trained and used, but the other day he played on the right side of attack, he trained there also in open sessions, so it will variate and evolve. Like with Carvalho. As for Salah’s backup, I don’t think we’ll buy one. Probably just past rumours reappearing, when the cloud was still above Mo. Salah plays a lot of games, I don’t think we’ll have one direct backup for him as such, it will depend when in the season, against which opponent, form and fitness factor, style, etc. Could be Diaz sometimes (like he did last season a few times), could be Jota, could be Ox, could be Elliott, could be Carvalho. I don’t think Klopp mentioning Elliott (and even Carvalho) as options for midfield means that suddenly we won’t go for a serious CM next summer.

5 Likes

Totally disagree. I think he is wildly overrated.
And whiny.

2 Likes

Plays with a smile whenever I’ve seen him for Arsenal or England. But each to their own

3 Likes

Robbo said he was the hardest player he played against last season. I’d be made up if we signed him.

6 Likes

Exactly, opinion is just that…opinion. To me he is all show with fuck all end product. He is a real Arsenal type player…
Regarding playing with a smile, he had a lot of whining about Mings last season, promting Stevie Gerrard to advise him to toughen up.
Think I will take Stevies word on this one.
He gets a free pass because he missed the England penalty, that a senior player baulked…seems like the public love him for having a go.

2 Likes

Saka scored 11 goals and made 7 assists in the league last year, hardly “fuck all” end product.

Good player, likeable lad too. Unecessarily mean spirited comments tbh, don’t know what he’s done to deserve that.

18 Likes

For that particular match Saka was kicked regularly. Didn’t get most calls, so moaned a bit at the ref (didn’t make a huge deal).
Stevie said something to the effect of he’s still got metal screws in his hip from getting lumps kicked out of him so it should be expected.

Disagree with Stevie here. No, it should not

6 Likes

For clarity (again)
As @WeeJoe acknowledged “to each their own”

In my opinion he is not a Liverpool level player.

1 Like

Whiny bastard with fuck all end product sounds more like Anthony Gordon than Bukayo Saka tbh.

6 Likes

Ok
Re Saka
General concensus is he is a great player, with great end product and all round nice guy. He doesn’t whine or moan and would be a great signing for Liverpool.
In my opinion he wouldn’t. He is not better than anyone we have and is not near the quality required to eventually replace Salah.
We had posters gushing over Rafinha and Bowen, neither realistically on our radar or they would be here.
Same with Saka.
Of course I could be wrong. And will acknowledge it if I am.

@ILLOK
Mean spirited comments?
Liverpool players have been subjected to just as bad with little by way of defence

2 Likes