The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Have a day off mate, 'kinell.

How many weeks til season starts. Angst all over the forum :weary:

1 Like

Too blimminā€™ long!

(Actual answer about 3 weeksā€¦ just over two until the Charity Shield)

1 Like

Yeah yeahā€¦
Have a day off from what?
Having an opinion on a fucking football forum?!

Being an argumentive misery.

1 Like

Look at the state of you lot in here bickering like children, thereā€™s a match on, bicker about it instead of violating our time-honoured traditions!

Klopp would turn Saka into a superstar :sunglasses:.

1 Like

F[quote=ā€œILLOK, post:1858, topic:2623, full:trueā€]
Being an argumentive misery.
[/quote]

For fuck sake!
Arguing on a forum? Whatever next!!

donald glover pizza GIF

3 Likes

That would be tasty!

2 Likes

Letā€™s not overstate what people are saying about Saka.

Most would say good player, decent stats, on the way up, tricky, skillful, goals, assists, generally goes about his business the right way, and once complained to a ref when a lanky mortgage adviser kicked the shit out of him all game.

Iā€™m not sure anyone is conferring greatness on him yet, but definitely one to watch, and in time he could follow Mo Salah on the right side of our attack, as we like a leftie over there.

Definitely not at that level now though, no arguments there.

1 Like

At the moment he isnt even a remotely unreliable rumour.
And you are correct he isnā€™t at a level that would have Liverpool interested.

1 Like

You are correct. There is no real rumour. Just discussion of a player on this thread, like others I suppose.

His current level is way below Salah, definitely, but he wouldnā€™t look out of place in our squad, at all. Whether he continues to improve to the point where he might be considered for the right side, down the line, letā€™s see.

1 Like

Hope this unreliable rumour helps :heart:

3 Likes

Aye. I think Stevie has been better with the media than I expected him to be, but he took some deserved criticism for that one.

only stevie knows what he actually meant by his comments.

i took it to mean just get on with the game and expect that you will get fouls against you that are not given and some will hurt. Be a little tougher. Donā€™t think any of the tackles in that match were violent or of that nature iirc.

Zaha used to be similar - he still moans but heā€™s also learned the best way to get back at those players and teams is to create and score goals for your team. spend too much time moaning and the oppositions beaten you as a player.

only my opinion by the way

1 Like

We know what Stevie meant by his comments, and he has produced exactly the outcome he was hoping forā€¦people forgetting that his defense was run ragged by a young player they resorted to fouling facilitated by a ref whod seemingly forgotten his whistle. Instead they remember the story stevie told, one of a whiny immature player who wants things his own way without having to do the hard work to make it happen.

What Stevie criticized Saka for doing he didnā€™t do. What he suggested players need to do in that situation is what Saka had actually done.

There were a million ways a manager can protect his own players in a situation like that without impugning an opposition player who had done nothing wrong and I thought it was not good that he did that. Especially not a young player. And especially not to one who has had the experiences Saka has had with ā€œfansā€.

8 Likes

Or he actually meant what he said.
Its a tough game, so toughen up?

2 Likes

The player is happy at Arsenal and is discussing a new contractā€¦

Is there a law against this even been Unreliable?? Its fucking nonsense :unamused:

I only mentioned Saka because in my opinion, heā€™s technically better than Sterling and has a higher potential. Also just a couple of years left on the contract, and a left footer. If we wanted him, we would be able to get him imo. I sometimes have a read on other club forums, and there seems to be a feeling among Arsenal fans that both him and Martinelli want champions league football, so who knows if they push for exit next season if Arsenal doesnā€™t get in the top 4.

Also I think our chance creation is so good that as long as our wingers have work ethic and decent pace, even a good player will have the capability to become great.

4 Likes