The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 2)

6 of the goals came as doubles and 4 assists came in 2 games.

1 Like

Not according to this:

3 Likes

Why? If we clicked our fingers heā€™d come running? This is the kind of arrogance that is so annoying when fans of other clubs do it.

3 Likes

Predicted this a long time ago that Saka and Arteta will end up at City.

Thereā€™s nothing arrogant about the fact that Liverpool on a different level than Arsenal at this moment. The clubs who can pip us for our targets can be counted on one hand.

What Iā€™m saying is just a possibility. Arsenalā€™s next season is crucial imo. If they drop back instead of improving, then I see their top players not sticking around.

2 Likes

100%.
I think that if Klopp wanted Saka, then Saka would orchestrate a move.
I donā€™t think that is an artogant stance, more a realistic evaluation.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no evidence for that. Other clubs would offer more money. Heā€™d have to actively want to play under Klopp, or be swayed by the culture and traditions of the club. There are no signs of either.
We all want to believe that everyone shares our attachment to the beautiful uniqueness of our fantastic club, but unfortunately they donā€™t.

1 Like

.[quote=ā€œBekloppt, post:1880, topic:2623, full:trueā€]
Thereā€™s no evidence for that. Other clubs would offer more money. Heā€™d have to actively want to play under Klopp, or be swayed by the culture and traditions of the club. There are no signs of either.
We all want to believe that everyone shares our attachment to the beautiful uniqueness of our fantastic club, but unfortunately they donā€™t.
[/quote]

There is no evidence to support your contention either.
I am basing my view on Liverpool being one of the top three clubs in the world, with the most charismatic manager at the helm.

Of course that isnā€™t evidence. Its a theory, and one that I think is reasonable.

Think it was a couple of years ago now, but we were being heavily linked to Saka when he was reaching the end of his first contract at Arsenal, and within a few months he extended with them. I think if he had a burning desire to come to us and play for Klopp it would have been more evident then.

6 Likes

Arsenal are also building a decent team and backing the manager. I can not see Saka being allowed or even wanting to leave. I would imagine there have been plenty of clubs looking at him.

He is most likely very happy where he is and good luck to the lad.
This one does seem like a baseless rumour as you more than alluded too!

1 Like

We beat Man Utd to Nunez, our competitiveness and the fact we are competing will also sway a few, this isnā€™t the days of Rodgers when our history was all we had.

2 Likes

I think Klopp would be more interested in Bowen than in Saka.

Why do you think that would be the case?

Saka is a poor manā€™s Sterling (at Liverpool) imo. One dimensional, overrated pacy winger who lacks physicality and intensity. Also not direct enough.

Bowen is flying under the radar a bit and he was kind of irrelevant until Klopp mentioned him a few times. Hard worker, direct and more versatile in attack. Bowen has a bit of the South American street fighter mentality in him which we know from Luis DĆ­az for example. He seems hungry to learn, improve and ready to give more than 100%.

2 Likes

Lovely when we find agreement.

1 Like
1 Like

Bowen is not good. All his underlying numbers are average to poor. Heā€™ll likely regress this season.

5 Likes

This would fuck up my Fantasy team

Yeah as only a very casual observer outside our games, I have been perplexed by talk of Bowen - his age, price and downright ordinariness would make him a surprising choice, in my uneducated opinion.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve said it before, this guy would make a great back-up striker for us. Would fill the Origi / Minamino slot.