The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

There is no chance of Henderson doing a Gini, the captain loves the club so much he would play for free :wink:, unless that’s what they are asking him to do.

5 Likes

Even in my foggy brain at 3am I saw that tweet and first thought was “talks started a week ago and he has two years left? Try harder Ornstein”.

Very odd of him to try and push that as a narrative.

5 Likes

On Hendo, the club wouldn’t sign a 31yo to a multi-year deal though would they? They would handle it as they have done Milly. Maybe it wont be like the last minute contract extensions that Milner got, and maybe a 2 year extension? It probably has a decent wage boost but doesn’t lock us into paying wages over years when the risk of career ending injuries increases rapidly into your 30’s (especially as we are talking about Henderson here and not the man of steel).

We’ll be smart about this and try to find an amicable solution for both parties. Worst case is Henderson really does run down the last two years because he wants more financial security and we have lost a player that we probably would have got very little for as a 33yo. Players running down their contract doesn’t need to mean there is any bitterness there between the club and the player. As we saw with Gini. He would still go out as a club legend.

2 Likes

I think this must be Milner’s last season, and I can see the club thinking Jordan’s future past this season is to transition into that role.

But still, we’re to believe contract talks have been a priority while Jordan was at the Euro’s and then on holiday? Really?

Expect better from Ornstein.

5 Likes

He (and the Athletic) have turned into clickbait jokes… I’ve cancelled my subscription.

7 Likes

The opening post actually lists the garbage sources.

1 Like

Lets just say its true and talks re Hendo have stalled. Does seem odd we would offer him a new deal but not Gini who has never (or hardly) been injured in his 5 years here.

Itll get sorted. No news about at the moment is there!

What you doing with that £1 a month now? :rofl:

But we did offer Gini a new deal…

4 Likes

OK a deal he wanted.

Now this if true, I dont get…

2 Likes

1 Gini was offered countless new deals, stretching back well over a year possibly as much as two. We can’t make him sign.

2 Henderson is the club captain and should be treated with more respect anyway. Gini is a nice and seemingly popular bloke but doesn’t come close to offering the same level of leadership as Henderson.

3 Sorry ability over availability. You’re facing a cup final, both are fit, you’ve only got room in the starting 11 for one, I’d be picking Henderson every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Better balanced 8, better “free to attack” 8, better 6, better CB. Maybe Gini might be a better winger?

7 Likes

I think you have to consider that each player is different in what they offer the club, and what they want from the club.

4 Likes

Or simply that sometimes they really just want to move on to a new club. That was always my suspicion with Gini. We were never going to offer MORE than he could get from the likes of PSG as a free agent. So he had to want to stay here more than he wanted to making money, experience living in a new/classier location, playing a new league, probably a new more fun position and being able to work less than Klopp needs his CMs to.

6 Likes

Hopefully he’ll only be paid if available to play. We’d save a few bob that way.

2 Likes

Harry Wilson???

Yes. It’s a fair assessment.

2 Likes

That’s only your introduction offer it bumps to something like £5.99 a month after. Not even worth £1 per month.

3 Likes

Jockey Wilson

2 Likes

O Jogo claiming we’ve offered Grujic as part of a swap deal for Malen.

Not entirely convinced, but I wouldn’t be mad about it other than Raiola’s involvement.

I think I read over the weekend that the owning company is losing quite a bit of money. I wouldn’t be surprised if the drop in quality is linked to cuts being made behind the scenes.