The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

The issue is typically less one of struggling with homegrown, but finding yourself with more than the 17 non-homegrown senior players you’re allowed to register. As it stands, if we include fringe players most people think are available like Shaq, Divok and Mini, we are at 17. So if we’re looking to bring in any non-homegrown players we are in a sell to buy situation.

We’ve also got plenty of homegrown players to fill out the squad towards its max of 25, 7 on my count assuming we keep them all - Kelleher, Trent, Gomez, Phillips, Millner, Hendo, Ox. On top of that we have several players who will be available we dont have to register as part of the 25 - Jones, Elliot, and the Williams boys, plus which ever kid is next in line to step up (Bradley?).

Basically, our numbers are more than fine, but it means we have to be a bit careful in what sort of moves we make. For example, we couldnt have moved on Phillips and replaced him with Kabak without also making room for the Turk by moving on another non-homegrown player.

9 Likes

Where’s the Larouci money John :wink: :thinking:

2 Likes

Okay, if you could just explain this to the whole of twitter, that would be great!

3 Likes

In my experience twitter doesn’t listen. Fuckwits.

3 Likes

plus Davies (:joy:)

1 Like

Wait a minute. Just hold on second. Let me stop my head spinning.

Exhales

You mean the issue arises because we are planning to sign someone. Someone who is probably over 21 years of age, and definitely not British??? Yikes.

:exploding_head:

4 Likes

Who? :speak_no_evil:

(characters)

This is all the proof I need.

He had 2 goals and 2 assists in 37 Premier league appearances.

1 Like

Does the BBC usually include gossip about academy level players?

I’m probably paranoid, but this seems overly negative.

3 Likes

No I agree that’s a really weird story in the first place as this happens with dozens of youth players every summer and I’m not sure the one in the story will ever even become a player worth that much. Then for BBC to include it is Nother strange choice too.

4 Likes

Slow news day

3 Likes

Pre-cursor for big LFC news?

Where’s the Mbappe lean?

1 Like

It’s also old news, he signed for them last week.

2 Likes

Also also
 “Missed out on millions” for Larouci is a weird way to phrase it when the story is he ran his contract down which happens all the time. Adding that he joined Troyes and that they are part of the City Group seems like a pretty desperate way of getting a reaction on twitter from Liverpool fans towards Man City (more a criticism of the Daily Mirror than the BBC but still).

9 Likes

I believe that’ll be next summer, as per the latest twitter thread post :grin: :+1:

1 Like

Always next summer!

2 Likes

There, fixed it for you. :blush:

2 Likes

This can only mean one thing. Next summer, we’re replacing the whole front three with MbappĂ©, Haaland and Chiesa.

2 Likes

Always fun to see the idiots losing their shit about “next summer”

If you look at our all conquering world champions team (best 11ish)

Alisson, Trent, Robbo, Van Dijk, Matip / Gomez, Henderson, Fabinho, Gini, Salah, Mane, Firmino

Based on last and this summer
 We’ve basically replaced Gini for Thiago, added Jota as a rotation and now have Konate as much more depth at center back.

So we are much stronger, with better depth (could be better). Our fringe players haven’t changed much, and that’s where we could/should do business this summer but I can also see why it’s dependant on shifting them out first.

I can see next summer being big, I expect we’ll see a raft of contract renewals this summer and next we’ll see some of that core leave (Firmino etc.) and big money signings coming in.

Add to the fact a full pre-season (and rest) for the core and fans back in the stadium
 I expect us to go again.

9 Likes