The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

From today’s BBC gossip column:

Red Bull Salzburg and Zambia striker Patson Daka, 22, is “very keen” to join Liverpool this summer. (Football Insider)

A player with many admirers here… And Zambia are crap, so the dreaded AFCON doesn’t enter calculations.

7 Likes

This is also on the Beeb’s rumours page. Not particularly disappointed by this as I’ve no idea if he’s any good.
Atletico Madrid expect to beat Liverpool to the signing of Udinese and Argentina midfielder Rodrigo de Paul, 27. (Fabrizio Romano on Twitter)

3 Likes

Every time I see his name, I just think of this:

https://youtu.be/htBfNPyKKoI

Obviously showing my age there. :joy:

4 Likes

And that’s why I resisted the temptation.

I wonder if Senor de Paul has a mole near his top lip?

4 Likes

One thing is for sure, Rodrigo may be the better football player but I know for sure who the better looker is. :innocent:

Hint: the first name does not start with an R … :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Still better looking.

3 Likes

Ah what a shame, such a lovely girl

2 Likes

This thread just got really weird.

Necrophilia?

:flushed:

1 Like

Dead funny :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s only a rumour. Very unreliable.

2 Likes

Back on track now, please guys

2 Likes

Me I think more about Ru-paul program on BBC?

2 Likes

Rodrigo De Paul signing for Atleti , one midfield option we can scratch off.

2 Likes

Daka going Leicester after talks stalled with Celtic re Edouard.

1 Like

I’ll be damned :expressionless: :sob:

2 Likes

I read that to mean they were signing both…?

1 Like

Soumare and Daka would be good business for Leicester.

They are in a good position. Lower top, upper middle of the Prem. Well run. They have money, compared to most in Europe, but not compared to the top few of the Prem.

Teams at the top of the Prem usually like to sign sure things. Or as close as they can, as it is an impossible task. Leicester have a bit more margin for error as they aren’t expected to finish top four, but obviously they can give it a go. As such, they can afford to sign probable things, not sure things.

So Soumare - good player. Not as good as Tielemans, but easily could be, soon enough.
Daka - could be an inspired signing if he clicks. Vardy is getting older and wont go on forever. Daka knows where the net is, and if he can translate that to the Prem, Leicester will have done well.

If we signed Daka it would have question marks, and he might not see enough action here to establish himself in the Prem.

If we signed Soumare he might not be quite good enough to play for us now, and as such, could potentially stall in his progression.

So in some ways it is easier for a well run outfit like Leicester. More wiggle room to buy players on the up who aren’t sure things, but merely ‘probable’ things.

4 Likes

Talks with celtic have stalled

Leicester are well-run and use very similar approaches as we do. Same with Southampton. It’s why many of their transfer targets will also have been of interest to us, but as “ones to watch” rather than ones to bring in now.

7 Likes

I like Daka as a player but I am also ok if we don’t sign him. He has show he can put the ball in the net and has exciting physical tools, but Im just not sure he fits the overall profile. And it’s the same reason I don’t think we are in for Vlahovic. I posted this a few weeks ago, I don’t think the club are looking for a traditional 9. I also agree with ROTW thought here, I just don’t know where Daka forces his way into the lineup.

I watch zero Austrian league, other than when one of their teams are in Europe, but from what I’ve seen, Leicester is a great move for him.

3 Likes