The Unreliable Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 5)

True but not on his level, remember some of the days when he would have what felt like 10 new accounts made and continuing an argument straight away , and a new account was up an running as quick as his previous one was banned…and then he had the ones that posted fairly well for ages …and then boom…would go batshit crazy and then reveal he was hft…was some dedication to his cause :rofl:

1 Like

Dutch hater!

spartacus GIF

https://x.com/David_Ornstein/status/2089760734645248100

Looks like we’re about to sign a Spanish #6 for Iraola.

2 Likes

God I hope not, he’s shite.

2 Likes

We aren’t Newcastle or Man City?

1 Like

He is joking about our tendency to hijack Newcastle signings.

4 Likes

Ah got ya.

2 Likes

I’m bored. Here’s an unreliable rumor.

https://x.com/indykaila/status/2089827241718853745

3 Likes

2.7k
In replies and posts and not one actual genuine rumour. Our club should be in the intelligence business.

A) there probably is several as I have posted BBC gossip ones several times in this thread.

B) it’s the unreliable transfer rumour thread so all the garbage goes in here. Thats why threads exist for the genuine stuff.

1 Like

He bombed at Marseille on loan why would we sign an Arse reject.

:joy:

This was posted on a Tuesday, so Arsenal spent all day having high level talks with an out of office message did they? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

lol, maybe go to an earlier point in the conversation for balance… so it is okay for the other poster to single me out, and try and prove their point by being condescending. If they had an issue with my grammar they could have messaged me personally.

I asked the poster to justify his understanding of grammar and he avoided this by responding as if we were having a different conversation and again in a way that was mocking.

As I have said, I didn’t instigate this. I responded in kind and with sarcasm. You will also find that l ended my last post with self deprecation/humour to try and draw a line under the issue.

Without trying to provoke you - although I accept it will - isn’t this a bit ‘do what I say, not what I do’?

Fuck me, on current form he would be the first player to receive more Red Cards in a Football season than Xmas cards in the Festive season :joy:

2 Likes

That’s a blast from the past.

Didn’t he live for transfers. In that if we signed 40 players in a transfer window he would still want more, and then expect us to sign another 40 players in the following transfer window.

As you say, he was quite knowledgeable.

2 Likes

To be fair, I kind of agree. The other day I called out Frimpong as not being a footballer and then ended up mocking myself during the Como 1907 game as he actually played alright.

I have no issue retaining Endo as he has little resale value, low wages and is happy to sit on the bench. He is also versatile.

Gakpo is a strange one though, because he does have good qualities, it is just that he is so frustrating. I think I would be more content with giving him a season under Iraola than sell him for 65m and spunk 120m on Baracola.

I think, if there is one thing I have learnt from the last 2 summer transfer windows is to manage my expectations. Spend literally nothing and win the league, spend record amounts and scrape a CL place.

1 Like

It is tricky because as a top four team realistically, obviously most or even all of our players are good or decent players. Such as Gakpo.

So when they are being criticised, it is in the context that we´re really talking about good vs very good or even world class.

On Endo, but is he any use as a player? Can he do a job of the level we require? Or is it better to get rid and free up a slot. Even 30 or 50k a week is considerable money that adds up. If we get rid of Chiesa and Elliott for example instead, you´re looking at 200k per week freed up even. Without losing much at all from the first team.

1 Like

Whilst you make a valid point can you find a different word like maybe place - I still wake up with bad dreams from last season, I think it’s PTSD (Painfully Turgid Slot Displays) :wink:

Lynch04 mentioned earlier about Endo not having much monetary resale value which is true, but there is a value to the non home grown registration place he takes up in the squad, if we aren’t going to sign anyone either way then fair enough might as well keep him but if there was a player that could offer more and is available then it would be sensible to let one of the backup players go to bring them in.

1 Like