The Walking Eagle thread

This morning someone from the Apprentice confirmed the story long spoken about regarding Trump dropping the N bomb during taping.

https://x.com/What46HasDone/status/1796288980583112899

4 Likes

I was thinking he looks a bit like Christopher Walken

1 Like

Easy, guys… I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except, when my pants are on, I make gold records.

https://x.com/theliamnissan/status/1796345866099495192?t=XlGgZ769dPZZ4QrdzdvhYw&s=19

2 Likes

https://x.com/Otto_English/status/1797188570488193431

3 Likes

In the past few days alone, Trump Snr, and Trump Jnr have lambasted George Clooney, with the normal personal slurs against him they are both keen to dish out. If this guy gets into power, and with his CV littered with obnoxious comments against others, and if he remains true to form, how is the White House going to prevent him from doing similar to Xi Jinping and China in general -
Although, if China vent their anger back at him, it might be the only time ever, his perma-tanned orange complexion turns completely (shit scared) ghostly white
Someone, or something, really does need to rein in this creature of human being

1 Like

2 Likes

Bizarre facts about Secret Service practice becoming public now - I had no idea that local police routinely deployed snipers around Secret Service protection, and the counter-snipers have rules of engagement designed to prevent blue-on-blue ever since they almost killed a local PD sniper deployed in a location they were not previously aware of. In any given situation, there are likely a mix of Secret Service, FBI, state, county, and city PD on site, any of which might have snipers deployed. What a mess.

It is particularly jarring in comparison to how highstrung the Secret Service are around foreign deployments. A Clinton visit to Ottawa was a positive ordeal, with Secret Service initially insisting only they could have snipers deployed - the only thing that broke that logjam was the sheer number needed to protect the entire motorcade route, and then they insisted on well-defined zones (which is sensible enough) in sharp contrast to what they apparently do domestically.

2 Likes

I think that is a general issue with how sometimes overlapping jurisdiction complicates law enforcement efforts in the US and reminds me of an experience I had from about 20 years ago. UCF used to play its football games at the off campus citrus bowl downtown. That required both campus police and City of Orlando police to work the games. At the last game I went to a scuffle broke out in one of the tailgate areas outside the stadium resulting in one of the people pulling out a gun and waving it around. An an OPD officer jumped to attention and shot him dead. It turned out the victim was a plain clothed UCF police officer trying to make an arrest for under age drinking, didn’t properly identify himself so encountered opposition, and because there was no coordination at all between the different departments the OPD officer did not know the guy with a gun was UCF police.

Beyond that though, there have been serious questions being raised about USSS (remember, people, it is important to start that acronym with US…) since the white house intruder issues during the Obama admin. Carol Leonnig at the Post has been writing about their dysfunction since then and has revealed a organization that has a brazenly partisan streak that leaders are either incapable of rooting out or indifferent to, and overall sloppiness of their practices and policies. Keep in mind the level of obstruction they engaged in during the various insurrection investigations.

1 Like

Why in the hell an underage drinking arrest at a college game would require the threat of lethal force being the question that doesn’t get asked. American cops are so useless.

LOL - in 1995 we had strict protocol to use SecServ.

The problem with Secret Service is not that dissimilar to one we have with RCMP. VIP protection is actually something of a dead-end job (especially RCMP, often problem officers), at the very least for anywhere below delegation heads. After the initial thrill of covering POTUS, it becomes drudgework where it is very hard to distinguish oneself as opposed to Treasury investigation, etc.

1 Like

Not sure who had this done - If skin was a deeper Orange, might even be Trump himself.! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes
1 Like

US for sale.

Trump has always spoke about our military as sell swords rather than a tool to be used to protect our geopolitical interests.

1 Like

He has absolutely no idea about strategy, diplomacy, building alliances or statecraft. It’s all just about bullying until he gets his way.

Giving Taiwan to China and Ukraine to Russia will not be in the long term interests of the US, but he doesn’t have the patience to look past his enthronement.

3 Likes

He is a profoundly stupid man who cannot think more than one step ahead, and the only consideration even for that one step is what benefits him personally.

7 Likes

Rumoured to have been made in China apparently… :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Damn. I might have to stop shopping at John Lobb now.

And incredibly cheesy. Those trainers :face_vomiting:

What does that say about those who vote for him?

3 Likes