The Walking Eagle thread

So Cannon intervenes on Trump’s behalf to block some of Dearie’s requirements.

Does anyone know of the DOJ can appeal?

I mean how many frivolous lawsuits is he going to file? And the problem is that he’ll just use this to smear CNN (they are no innocent party but they didn’t do this) and create political capital. The US system is so fucked

1 Like

What I took from that is he is a deluded and clueless, egotistical twat. But we already knew that, so not really anything earth shattering.

Fired or fucked? He already said he wanted the second so it seems most likely

1 Like

Not entirely sure what they hope to gain by this.

My bet is he will claim the 5th and not say anything, so they will waste their time trying to ask him questions that he will blantently refuse to answer

I dont think for a second they believe he will show up to be a live witness, and the subpeona is only valid until the next congress is seated in Jan so the expectation is he can eat up the time until then with negotiations over what the nature of the deposition will be. But what they will leave with is a mark in the historical record off all these lines that point to his direct involvement and a refusal from him to speak on the record about why they arent as incriminating as they seem. It’s small, but important and this thing was never going to fail or succeed (whatever that even means) based on public testimony from Trump.

1 Like

How is this related to Trump? Do you think he might plead insanity? Wouldn’t that rule him out of running for president again?

oopse - my bad. My last two posts are in the wrong topic - I’ll delete.

Ha. Is that David Cross?

2 Likes

Yes :rofl:

Thank fuck for that…

I thought/hoped it was a parody but wasn`t entirely sure.

This seems big
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/10/19/trump-2020-election-eastman-jan-6/

Carter is the Judge assigned to adjudicate the attorney-client privilege claims Trump was using to avoid handing over material to the Jan 6 committee. The judge has today has determined that Trump’s lawsuits filed in GA to prevent the certification of the vote included known false claims and as such is turning over all the supporting material to the committee under the crime-fraud exception (you cannot use attorney-client privilege to help you commit a crime).

2 Likes

:0)

I know exactly how he feels

Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts on Tuesday granted a temporary stay to prevent a congressional committee from receiving former President Donald Trump’s tax returns.

Temporary is likely to mean a matter of months before the whole court considers the matter. In two months time the House Ways and Means Committee will be under Republican control and the investigation will be shelved.

From NYT :

"The decision in effect extended an order by a Trump-appointed Federal District Court judge, Trevor N. McFadden, which had blocked the Treasury Department from providing the tax returns to Congress while the Circuit Court considered the case.

Judge McFadden had ruled — and the District of Columbia Circuit Court agreed — that the law gives the Ways and Means Committee the right to gain access to the returns. But the judge first sat on the case for nearly two and a half years before making his ruling, and the additional delay increases the chances that the House committee will run out of time to obtain them."

Once again Trump games the system , runs out the clock … and wins again.

1 Like