The Walking Eagle thread

Apparently he has raked in $7m since the indictment.

lol

From AP. “Any trial is at least more than a year away, legal experts said. Being indicted or even convicted does not legally prevent Trump from running for president.”

Also, he can’t be tried while he’s president, so he might run the clock out by winning the election; then he’s free from legal pursuit for four more years. Too slow, these wheels of justice.

1 Like

Pre war (1) Eugene Debs ran for president from prison. Trump could be in the situation where he can run, he just cannot vote for himself :rofl:

Now proceedings have started I cannot imagine the OLC memo would be enough to pause them. That isnt what it was meant for, and not giving someone the right to exonerate themselves of what they have been publicly accused of would be more problematic than ripping up an OLC memo.

Probably true. One wonders, though, if Trump were the Republican nominee, what are the Constitutional issues of having him sit in court all day answering, for example, the potential documents charge or even the Jan 6 potential charges? Bit of a potential powder keg. Not sure why it takes more than one year to bring the current charges to trial. Just plays into the hands of political conspiracists.

Absolutely zero constitutional issues. But politically would definitely be a big challenge. Of course, the GOP have the option is simply not nominating him if they think his criminal defense will be deterent to campaigning. It’s certainly not up to the DoJ to solve their problem for them.

I have a lot of sympathy with the view that the wheels of justice turn too slowly.

Trump has spent his whole life ducking and diving, legally, and he knows how to stretch it out.

Ultimately he will die, and then the clock will run out.

But before then his game is to get the White House again, to be protected by that, and then to enrich himself and his cronies while in office.

He cares about no one but himself.

We need further indictments, hopefully they can happen concurrently, and swiftly.

Georgia. Clear as day what he did there. Take him down!

January 6th. Indict. Take him down. The Fox Dominion case is coming up next month, so having a slew of Fox News hosts having to testify will be informative.

Get stuck in and take this stain out!

I’m not hopeful, sadly.

4 Likes

I am begining to wonder if him getting re-elected might actually be the best thing longterm.

Under the US constitution, he is only allowed 2 terms, so will always be a massive dark shoadow hanging over the US until such time as he has ad is 2 terms, and is no longer able to run for president anymore. Get it out of the way, and then no one ever needs to worry about him after that.

This time…would you really put it past him trying something in and overstaying his term? I mean nobody saw Jan 6 coming

Chances are it could juat start a Trump legacy wirh either him refusing to step down or ensuring that Don jr or Ivanka/Jared Kushner…

What I’m still hoping for is Trump involved long enough to smear De Santis to within an inch of his life, then be jailed while the Democrats continue to win.

Do you seriously think he would leave once he got his foot back in the door?

1 Like

You better believe he’ll become Emperor Trump this time around

The best thing would be a long term prison sentence. Failing that , him and his party getting routed in 2024.

The damage that fucker could do in a second term really doesn’t bear thinking about.

2 Likes

In the crowd, Dion Ciri, a Trump supporter, was waving a large flag that said: “Trump or death.” He kept having to explain what the sign meant.

“It’s not my death,” he said. “It might be your death, it might be democracy’s death, but it’s not my death.”

Has anyone seen the Seinfeld episode where Kramer puts the bucket on the head of his postman dummy??

The political statement kinda loses all meaning if you have to keep explaining it…

ISXH6VlHEmJa3bx9TLtZkDuMdotmlGhlDMy9dhO2CpE

1 Like

Honestly he’ll get one of these judges killed by his gun-toting lunatic fringe

There’s no bottom to how low he and his little cohorts will go is there?

Just disgusting animals

3 Likes

The problem is that even in jail, it appears there is nothing written in the constitution to stop him from running and serving, so at some point it will happen again.

So the question then becomes, is it better to have it happen now and get it out of the way, or wait and do it later when he could do more damage after giving others time to clean up his mess from the first time?

It will not be “out of the way” it will be entrenched in the heart of US politics.
Trump will not leave again, there will be an invented crisis which requires him to invoke emergency powers, and when he finally dies, there will be another which requires one of his family to take the reigns.
If he is re-elected the last vestiges of democracy in the US die.

1 Like

in the case of a second term for this unit, i think he’d leave with a whimper, whole heap of empty gestures…hes ultimately a snake oil salesman and a coward at that…all hot air…

the issue would be if someone was to grab his supporter base and be semi capable… thats the doomsday scenario of him getting re-elected in my ind…it means his style of politics works…

Protecting an ex-President in prison would go down as the shittest Secret Service assignment in history

1 Like

Genius…

3 Likes