The What's cooking thread

I’m not a big fan of fine flour and egg pasta. Just durum wheat semolina and water makes nice ‘nutty’ pasta. Some go ‘nuts’ for the eggy stuff.
Without a pasta machine (like me) can be worth putting in some finer flour to help it stick together.

1 Like

Here ya go. Better brunch offering today. The red stuff is my homemade pepper sauce

2 Likes

As per Rick’s recipe. Bloody gorgeous.

2 Likes

Tea lovers are ditching ‘dunkin’ biscuits for pastries…! Ermmm I am not.!

:face_vomiting:

I think that should read ‘Tea Lovers deserve to be shot!’

2 Likes

I suppose you could always dip the Sausage Roll or Cornish Pastie into someone else’s tea when they were not looking… Do it that way without spoiling your own hot drink. Maybe even give a Steak n Kidney Pie a go… You know, just to try it out the once :0)

EDIT: Just read to the end of the article, apparently, dunkin Crisps is going to be the next big thing…!

Or you could eat your sausage roll like a normal person and not be a monster :rofl:

2 Likes

Mind you… with my wife’s baking, might not be a bad idea to soften her pastries up in this manner - especially her scones :0)
Soooooo glad she doesn’t have my password

Is this a euphemism?

Had some friends over for BBQ last night so cooked for 24. Jerk chicken, beef/moose sliders, caesar salad and one of the neighbors brought over a balsamic pasta salad. Woke up with a well-earned hangover.

Don’t mind the beer, not my favorite

That table doesn’t look big enough for 24 people. :thinking:

1 Like

I’m more concerned about the lack of an invite…

2 Likes

It’s a long way to go for a scran mate.

2 Likes

Memorial Day weekend here. I bought a new combo grill/smoker. Unfortunately it’s still in the box with some assembly required. Since I’m a lazy arse it might not be into its rhythm until July 4th weekend.

So, I bought a prime rib roast and will get stuck into that. I miss roast dinners from back home, but we have them down pat - Yorkshire pudding, duck fat roasties, the lot.

Can’t wait.

1 Like

The plate doesn’t look big enough for a cherry tomatoe cut in 2 either let alone getting a chicken jerking on it. :grin:

Tough pasta ration there lad

1 Like

A variation on a classic skillet dish. Potatoes, onions, peppers, gammon strips and cheese. Gorgeous and as complicated as dropping a brick.

1 Like

Caribbean chicken marinade, ingredients from the garden inc onion, garlic, thyme, peppers

3 Likes

Woman shares genius hack for eating a prawn cracker - to get the most out of it (msn.com)

I’ve been doing that for as long as I’ve been eating Chinese.