The What's cooking thread

You are so fortunate @Scott.Jones has vanished. He used to be my bodyguard. I am considering replacing him with @Iftikhar but lately he hasn’t been showing me my due respect either.

Cooking some shaan biryani tonight! I even bought the channa masala packets. Might fire up some of that too.

This was my last biryani effort. I am the man!

2 Likes

Nope. The onions aren’t cooked.

No self respecting biryani can have tomatoes ever.

The rice is mush

Bottom line , you suck

Also no one does biryani in that dish. Proof that you suck even more.

4 Likes

Biryani needs to have discrete basmati rice pieces. Your’s have come become broken.

1 Like

And if someone is following Alrightnow’s Korma , Why ?

1 Like

Homemade pizza tonight. It’s a nice thing we do as a family as we make them on the breakfast bar together and catch up about the day. The dough is pre bought, roll it out, flour everywhere.

I like thin crust, crispy, with prosciutto and mushroom on it. Might slice some garlic on there too.

4 Likes

Yeah any pizza for me has to be a thin crust

1 Like

Agreeance. I give up. Ordering out.

2 Likes

Just like to know what made you cook that biyrani in a saucepan ?

Brother: I have no idea how to cook. I just use whatever utensil is closest. I did use a rice cooker though. The pan was just for the chicken. My little canine friend loved it though. She did have to drink a ton of water after because I used a whole packet of Shaan.

1 Like

I can provide my tried and tested biryani recipes…

Both styles of Hyderabadi Biryani , as well as the other variants , sindhi - bombay - kolkata - lucknow… but you need to tell me what you have (w.r.t utensils) and then go on from that.

just send it bro, I haven’t given that jerk recipe up to anyone before but I’m feeling extra nice this week and will delete it at end of day

Also, if you sub the white onion for green onion it’s excellent on bbq pork loin

I got that.

2 Likes

invest in a dutch oven pan at the very least. Maybe even a 3L capacity one,

1 Like

saved that recipe. btw

1 Like

I like those half cooked onions :chestnut:. They give a nice crunchy, juicy texture. :yum:

2 Likes

leftover jerk chicken, chop it cold and put into a salad bowl with bit of plain greek yogurt, chopped romaine hearts, green apple, and orange/red bell pepper. makes a great sandwich.

3 Likes

Agreeance. @Sithbare knows not of what he speaks.

1 Like

dude, you can make this one. need two pans, that’s it. I make this at least once a month.

1 Like

again. Raw onions give the crunch. Browned Onions add to the flavour of the gravy , Half cooked onions are just sweet mush.

2 Likes

two pans are enough to make a biryani as well.

I am feeling pressured.