The What's cooking thread

Who in their right mind would eat an aubergine raw?
It’s pretty bitter like that, grilled, roasted, boiled, … is lovely as long as they are nice fresh and firm (otherwise cut them up and spread salt on them, leave 5-10 mins and rinse, this draws out the bitter ‘juices’ which are vile.

2 Likes

Sounds like you have @Flobs :laughing:

1 Like

Speak English, man!

Bloody foreigners.

2 Likes

plant’s native to the subcontinent.

We decide what’s the name.

3 Likes

This is an English-language forum.

You don’t decide anything.

2 Likes

Did one last week using some spices and recipe from Mrs Balbir Singh. Good source of spices and recipes.

Pretty good and easy to be fair but should have made a seperate sauce to add to it afterwards.

1 Like

It’s a nice pilaf.

Crikey, that some strange names. If it were up to me, I would have called it Dicksroom

2 Likes
2 Likes

That is what inspired me, but couldn’t find that as a meme

1 Like

I don’t get the point of rice cookers. I’ve never had any issue cooking rice in a regular pot or pan so what is the point of them? I have a general rule of thumb to avoid single-job kitchen tools unless they do that job far better/easier than you can do with general tools and a bit of skill. Having never used one I struggle to see how one would be worth the money and storage space it would take up given how quick and easy rice is to make without one.

Convince me otherwise…

2 Likes

Ditto.

Get a pan. Boil water. Add rice.

It’s hardly rocket science.

2 Likes

Coffee machine.

Yes you can use a kettle/stove to boil water, but neither of them can heat the milk like a proper coffee machine

Sadly, for a lot of people these days, I think boiling water is rocket science

1 Like

Two things. Pressure Cookers are better to do a one pot meal. Cooks food faster as well too.

As far as plain rice cookers go , I have a small one at home which is basically used when I need the stove free to cook rice.

1 Like

Airfryer = hairdryer.

Those of us who’ve done explosion tests with pressure cookers surprisingly don’t use them. And I’m talking governmental research here, not cocking about in a field.

2 Likes

Pan, milk…boil…!! For coffee and hot chocolate…

It’s pretty much a mandate for most Indian households. There are Electric variants as well nowadays which are even safer

1 Like

Speak English, man. Bloody English.

5 Likes